Technical 595c flashing check engine in sport mode only at 5800rpm?

Currently reading:
Technical 595c flashing check engine in sport mode only at 5800rpm?

Markcoopers

Hi all,

my wife picked up a 2020 (October) 595 convertible, 165bhp version a few weeks ago, and i have to say it is a riot and delivers performance more than i was expecting.
However in sport mode only when passing 5800/6000rpm the check engine light flashed orange and the car hesitate briefly. Back off and it all returns to normal after 5 or so seconds. It will not do this in normal mode.

Took to the dealers today who tell me it is apart plugs and not a warranty claim as they are service items. The Spark plugs were changed at 2nd service 7 months and under 4000miles ago.

1) i struggle to believe it is plugs, as they would do this in either engine map configuration…….the compression and electrical load is identical, it is just the timing and the amount of fuel that is different……neither should effect a plug unless it is faulty but even then at a very specific rpm is very suspicious to me and points me to a sensor reading my the ecu.
2) if it is plugs….and i struggle with this, under 4000miles life span?

any9one else any experience?

So garage called and said they changed the plugs as a warranty item and low and behold the issue still remains.. Cly 2, which from some googling seems to be a more common cylinder to have this issue.

Apparenly tried changing over the coil packs as this did not move the issue, so either crank sensor or ECU setting. Car left with them for a week now for a different technician to come and take a look.

Back