Currently reading:

Niamhw

Hey guys! So someone hit my front left side of the car when parked and drove off and theirs no video footage so I have to get it fixed myself! The light has been pushed back out of the socket part and the bumper part of the grill is cracked in the middle. I’m not too worried about the scratches of the paint as I can fix them myself. Does anyone have any idea how much it would be to get this fixed please?

Last edited:
Those lights are quite expensive on your car (looks like a post 2015 face lift version)

You'll have to take the bumper off or at least the wheel arch liner to get to the back of it.

You Could pay £160~ for a new light unit on Ebay and screw that in, back in place of the broken one, the bumper and the chrome part will still show the damage so its a lot of money to spend to only fix half the job and its not like you'd be covering up or repairing the damage to the car.

The alternative would be to take the wheel arch liner out and see if it can be glued back in place.

The light seems to have two mounting holes for screws which I presume screw into the back of the bumper or some plastic part behind the bumper. If the screws and the arms are still in place and the arms have just broken off the light. Then it may be a simple case of using a strong epoxy type glue and gluing the broken plastic parts back together before letting that dry and then putting it back in the car.

So could be as cheap as a Tenner for a strong two part epoxy glue. This would be the cheapest and just take a little of your own time with some simple hand tools.
(people on here would be only to happy to help you do this)

If taking it to a garage, then expect to pay £160 - £200 for a new light and maybe an hours labor on top of that. maybe budget £250 - 300 at a garage.

You could look to see if you can claim off your insurance without it damaging your no claims, this would then repair all the other damage as well.

Back