General 500S - Mercky bites the bullet!

Currently reading:
General 500S - Mercky bites the bullet!

Finally got off the fence today and ordered a 500S Twinair!
There are no TA demos in Ireland at present so I wanted to have a good long spin in a TA before I made up my mind between it and a 1.2 so the dealer lent me a Chrysler Ypsilon TA for the day! Pretty odd car but it was fully loaded to a very high spec however I was really only interested in the engine. I've driven a TA a few times before briefly but it was great to get a good long spin in mixed conditions over a day, did about 100 miles all in including congested city traffic, motorways and good B roads. All and all I was pretty impressed, it was nicely run in with about 8K up and with a mixture of thrashing and sensible driving I got 45 mpg on the trip. I've a lot of time for the 1.2 and in many ways it's the more sensible buy but the ta just adds an edge in performance and character particularly if you're in to your cars.
Anyway I ordered a 500S TA in Electroclash with Interscope, Fogs, Bicolour 15's and Electric sunroof. I had intended buying the fixed glass roof but the Ypsilon had the electric one so it sort of sold me on the idea! Just hope I fit in as i'm 6'2" but I have tested the electric one in a Lounge and its fine for headroom. Got a very good deal to inc matts etc and delivery will be end of jan early feb. Happy New Year!:D

Back