General 500 TwinAir UK Pricing Announced

Currently reading:
General 500 TwinAir UK Pricing Announced

Are they really available for order??? just went into Stoneacre in Rotherham, i spent 10 minutes convincing the guy that fiat had actually developed a twin cylinder version called the twinair. I told him the order book opened on the 15th.

He claimed if its not on fiat.co.uk then he can't order it.

Are they really available for order??? just went into Stoneacre in Rotherham, i spent 10 minutes convincing the guy that fiat had actually developed a twin cylinder version called the twinair. I told him the order book opened on the 15th.

He claimed if its not on fiat.co.uk then he can't order it.

No, Scrogg (a really helpful person who works for a Fiat dealership), together with the international media have conspired to make up twinair so as to get people into Fiat dealerships where they will then attempt to order said engine only to be met with quizzical looks.

I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but it's my style....

If Scrogg says it's available to order then it's available to order.

I always get about 64 MPG also from my 75bhp MJet, I do a round trip of about 20 miles through rotherham traffic every day and some good motorway runs. i drive with the IC displayed all of the time. You get to see that alot of the time you are on the accelerator too hard when you don't need to be.

I activated ecoDrive for a while, and you get into a rhythm. You also get used to when to change gear. I tend to have a style which gets upto speed quickly and brake a little bit softer. But the key is probably sticking to the speed limits, especially on motorway runs.

My best was going to Bristol and back from Rotherham for just £18 of diesel.

No not really ,some shorter journeys would be 52mpg longer ones (motorway) 70mpg but on average 63-64 mpg, no issues with dpf kept to speed limits sometimes over on motorways but not much only to overtake:)

still getting used to mine but im recording about 58mpg on av-

how do you find performance?- im suprised how 'turbodiesel' it feels considering it doesnt have massive amounts of torque- i get real shove in low gears and 3rd and 4th have real go...very similar to other halfs polo 1.6TDI with 180 lb ft torque!!

do love the little engine...

still getting used to mine but im recording about 58mpg on av-

how do you find performance?- im suprised how 'turbodiesel' it feels considering it doesnt have massive amounts of torque- i get real shove in low gears and 3rd and 4th have real go...very similar to other halfs polo 1.6TDI with 180 lb ft torque!!

do love the little engine...

I found it great esp on motorways ,uphills and overtaking plenty of power in a small engine i bet the 95hp version is a good improvement.(y)

Anyone know what the delivery time is for 500's ordered now and possibly a twinair, just wondering with VAT rises in January as apparently dealers can't pay for the vehichle until near delivery as they need a chassis number and if it's january a report I read said you'll be liable for the e tea VAT

...just wondering with VAT rises in January as apparently dealers can't pay for the vehichle until near delivery as they need a chassis number...

As long as the car physically gets built, it has a chassis number, so the paint could still be wet at the end of the production line in Tychy but as long as the dealer has the chassis number they can invoice you and the deal is sealed at 17.5% VAT (y)

At least that's what a dealer told me earlier this week, although I decided to buy a 500 they already have coming in so I get it next week :D

Back