500 Blue & me iPod dodgy connection ?

Currently reading:
500 Blue & me iPod dodgy connection ?

Loobah

Hi all ,

Just a quick one (I hope) I have the blue and me dongle in my 500 , and I plug my iPod in and it works every time . Today , however , I plug my iPod into the dongle through the iPod cable as usual , and it comes up on my iPod saying its connected , but goes back to the home screen after about 1 second , and my 500 doesn't recognise that there's any iPod connected at any point !

Any help ?
Ive tried a system reset in my car and turned my iPod off and on , but still nothing !

Also does anyone else ever have trouble with the buttons on their steering wheel not working from time to time ? Very rarely the skip forward and back a track buttons , the windows icon button and the phone icon button stop working completely !

Hope someone can help !
Lou

After my 1st service my iphone wasnt recognized at all because of a problem with the usb detection thing so i went ot the dealer and they fixed it. If you cant fix it go to the dealer and they will connect it to the diagnostics and fix it.

My ipod nano, 4th gen, has been working away great with my B&M system. The other day my boyfriend pulled my ipod out while still connected, not pushing the centre button on my ipod. Now it doenst connect to the b&m system, it's not the wire as it still connects my ipod to a computer. any suggestions?

I avoided all the ipod problems by buying a 64gb usb stick.I put all my music in folders and havent had any problems.

Pulling cables out while the ipod is accessing data can at worst damage the drive, at best make a hard drive error.. sounds like the latter. Format the ipod on your comp then retransfer your songs, should fix it ;)

Pulling cables out while the ipod is accessing data can at worst damage the drive, at best make a hard drive error.. sounds like the latter. Format the ipod on your comp then retransfer your songs, should fix it ;)
I done that last night, factory restored my ipod. plugged it in today and still nothing :/.

My mistake...it's a 5th gen.

Back