Technical 500 abarth 2009 engine

Currently reading:
Technical 500 abarth 2009 engine

Phill cpc

Good morning all. I recently bought an abarth with a cracked inlet manifold. Sorted that and went to take it for a drive. 50 metres later and engine failure as the centre crank bolt was loose and the sprocket spun! The previous owner had no idea why it was loose! Never had a front crank oil seal so no need for it to be touched.
Anyway I'm in need of an engine, bought one on ebay, turned out to be a scammer, ebay are trying to get my money back.
Will any 1.4 t jet fit an 09 reg or not? Found loads of 2016 engines onwards but not sure if they fit?
Many thanks Phill

I think they should physically fit BUT from an auto car, or manual car or an MTA car? Then which Bhp is it? Then you need to look at A/C because they had different condensers and I wouldn't like to bet on the same connectors. I suggest removal of yours, take a lot of pictures then take the time to visit the seller (not always easy I know , but if a proper breaker should be possible) and do some carefull comparison. There are too many variables to just give a definite yes or no. Don't forget to purchase the ECU too if the engine is a little different BUT (again , sorry) you will need to get it coded and to the new key code too. I would look for a same spec 09 car and then you stand a chance of a relatively easy swap.

I think they should physically fit BUT from an auto car, or manual car or an MTA car? Then which Bhp is it? Then you need to look at A/C because they had different condensers and I wouldn't like to bet on the same connectors. I suggest removal of yours, take a lot of pictures then take the time to visit the seller (not always easy I know , but if a proper breaker should be possible) and do some carefull comparison. There are too many variables to just give a definite yes or no. Don't forget to purchase the ECU too if the engine is a little different BUT (again , sorry) you will need to get it coded and to the new key code too. I would look for a same spec 09 car and then you stand a chance of a relatively easy swap.
Thankyou

Back