Styling 2k miles after angel tuned 1.9 jtd

Currently reading:
Styling 2k miles after angel tuned 1.9 jtd

currently approx 2k miles after angel tuning worked there magic on my jtd

after remedial work i knew it needed a new clutch which subsequently died shortly after tuning from 105 bhp to 145bhp kinda killed it, being as nobody could recommend an uprated clutch i had a fiat clutch fitted by the local mechanic and also had to have the flywheel and damper assembly changed as was knackered too! (expensive part) good news is the fiat clutch takes the extra power no problems at all the fuel economy is up!

currently running 52 mpg on computer ( even allowing for computer being well out) is very pleasing, the extra torque is a godsend and makes it really pokey!! it catches a lot of people out when they think its gonna be slow!!,

i wouldnt have it changed back its so much nicer to drive quieter, smoother and much more responsive! give it a go you wont be disapointed!!

Any chance of an update now you've put a few more miles under its wheels?

Cheers

Rob

hi all yep funnily enuf just had the mapping adjusted slightly this week to limit the torque a little now its bedded in it it was getting a bit too much of an animal!!, especially in the wet so they made a custom map which suits my driving so its still nice and quick but without the shredding tyres problem!, it was a little, all or nothing before now it is a much smoother power curve!

currently approx 2k miles after angel tuning worked there magic on my jtd

after remedial work i knew it needed a new clutch which subsequently died shortly after tuning from 105 bhp to 145bhp kinda killed it, being as nobody could recommend an uprated clutch i had a fiat clutch fitted by the local mechanic and also had to have the flywheel and damper assembly changed as was knackered too! (expensive part) good news is the fiat clutch takes the extra power no problems at all the fuel economy is up!

currently running 52 mpg on computer ( even allowing for computer being well out) is very pleasing, the extra torque is a godsend and makes it really pokey!! it catches a lot of people out when they think its gonna be slow!!,

i wouldnt have it changed back its so much nicer to drive quieter, smoother and much more responsive! give it a go you wont be disapointed!!
Hi
I'm a newbie to the Forum, so am not up to speed and this is the first message I have seen about tuning your Doblo.
Please tell me who "Angel" is. Is your Doblo a 105 JTD, as mine is? Is 146 bhp feasible? What clutch did you fit?
Sorry for so many questions, but I am intrigued.
Regards
Austinscouse.

mine was a 1.9 jtd with 105 bhp

is now 1.9 jtd with 145 bhp angel is angel tuning look it up on here theres loads of threads, national company who come to remap your fuelling software via the obd socket!

145bhp is easily achieable in a doblo just make sure the torque is turned down a little!, it has a standard fiat OE clutch fitted!, i did try to source an uprated clutch but couldnt find one!

any more questions just ask!

after remedial work i knew it needed a new clutch which subsequently died shortly after tuning from 105 bhp to 145bhp kinda killed it, being as nobody could recommend an uprated clutch i had a fiat clutch fitted by the local mechanic and also had to have the flywheel and damper assembly changed as was knackered too! (expensive part)

hi , can i check how much the flywheel and damper aseembly costed ?

Re:

just the parts for the clutch kit and flywheel and damper assembly were 600 quid near as damn it, thats with trade discount labour was extraon top of that! so not cheap at all!, mind you worth it now cos it pulls away smoothly and if u do occasion to stall it it doesnt rip your head off like it did with the bad flywheel damper thingie!

Re:

thanks for the reply..
it cost around 460 quids in singapore for the flywheel
230 quids for the clutch ( including labour)

updated
instead of 460 ,added tax and labour , abt 600 quids too :eek:

Last edited:
Back