General 2018 Fiat Head Unit Fit 2016 Model

Currently reading:
General 2018 Fiat Head Unit Fit 2016 Model

Vanders

I've found a updated head unit from a 2018 Fiat 500x that I would like to install in my 2016 Fiat 500x.

Does anyone know if this would be compatible?
Cheers!

I can't say one way or another.

People have changed their head units in the 500X with degrees of or total success. A lot depends on what your 500X has / is configured for?

e.g. DAB, Rear View Camera, Lane Assist etc.

What I do know you will have to do is get it PROXI aligned with MES / similar. This will also possibly required a custom PROXI where specific bytes are changed to enable/support certain functions.

Have a look on the http://forum.multiecuscan.net forum/sit to see if anyone else has done a similar change.

If the head unit you have found is cheap and you are willing to take a gamble then go play.

NOTE! BEFORE you take you old unit out you need to SAVE your existing proxi data so you can put you old unit back in and restore the required data should you have no luck with the 20188 head unit.

Thanks for the response. That is all a little over my head tbh.

But I'll go ahead with it anyway and see what happens and report back here once it is all done.

And also make sure whoever I get to do it saves the proxi data as you say!

I've found a updated head unit from a 2018 Fiat 500x that I would like to install in my 2016 Fiat 500x.

Does anyone know if this would be compatible?
Cheers!
Changed mine in a 16 plate, having proxy issues with mileage flashing, tad annoying but not life threatening... Hopefully getting that sorted soon..

To be honest, my initial concern was more whether it would physically fit rather than the electronic side of things. I just assumed there would be ways around any software issues as if you were installing any random third party head unit.

Changed mine in a 16 plate, having proxy issues with mileage flashing, tad annoying but not life threatening... Hopefully getting that sorted soon..

Did you do it yourself? I'm going to be getting someone professional to do it for me.

Would like to hear if you get them sorted :)

To be honest, my initial concern was more whether it would physically fit rather than the electronic side of things. I just assumed there would be ways around any software issues as if you were installing any random third party head unit.

Did you do it yourself? I'm going to be getting someone professional to do it for me.

Would like to hear if you get them sorted :)
Had it done by Halfords....gone are the days when I could fit my own stereos....way too complicated now..

Thanks for the response. That is all a little over my head tbh.

But I'll go ahead with it anyway and see what happens and report back here once it is all done.

And also make sure whoever I get to do it saves the proxi data as you say!

If you're waiting for the result, you'll have to wait a bit longer as I sold my previous 500x, bought an Abarth 124, didn't like it, selling it, just bought another 500x and will be putting in the new head unit.

Once I get the car of course. Hopefully this week.

Back