Technical 2014 1.2 engine oil?

Currently reading:
Technical 2014 1.2 engine oil?

Daniel087

What engine oil does a Fiat 500 2014 need? some places say 5w30 others 5w40? on Euro car parts when i put my reg in the only TRIPLE QX one it brings up is TRIPLE QX 5W-40 PD what does the PD mean? when not using my reg and just search for 5w40 i came across TRIPLE QX Fully Syn Engine Oil 5W-40 A3/B4 -

What is the difference? the previous owner also told me he's been just topping it up with 5w30 so seems you can use both but if you was doing a oil change which is more ideal?

Look into owners handbook. Mine (2012) states 5W-40 ACEA C3, Fiat 9.55535-S2. So the first one you linked meets ACEA A3/B4, so doesn't meet the specs.

Don't use A or B grade oil. Always use C because it is designed for engines with catalytic converter. (C type contains less sulfur).
C2 has lower viscosity than C3 and helps lowering emissions and (should) increase mileage a bit, especially on short trips with cold engine. C3 is more aimed at lower wear of the engine.
Personally I don't bother too much about C2 or C3. For a Twinair I would definitely go for C3, but for my 1.2 that mostly does short city trips, I would choose C2.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back