Styling 2013 Panda 4x4 query....

Currently reading:
Styling 2013 Panda 4x4 query....

Clemmie

Hello again!
PLEASE could someone help settle an argument in my household.....
Does the Fiat Panda 4x4 2013 have more ground clearance at the back than at the front? I am adamant that it is a trick of the eye and that a car would not be designed that way, but my husband is insistant that it slopes down to the front.
But that would mean that I'd have two different levels of ground clearance, which seems bonkers to me!! We have taken various measurements but still cannot resolve the issue to the satisfaction of us both!
Thanks in advance.

Hello again!
PLEASE could someone help settle an argument in my household.....
Does the Fiat Panda 4x4 2013 have more ground clearance at the back than at the front? I am adamant that it is a trick of the eye and that a car would not be designed that way, but my husband is insistant that it slopes down to the front.
But that would mean that I'd have two different levels of ground clearance, which seems bonkers to me!! We have taken various measurements but still cannot resolve the issue to the satisfaction of us both!
Thanks in advance.

Yes it most likely does, the majority of cars do. This is partly to allow for additional weight in the boot or the rear seats, and also to generally keep a more front-weighted balance to the vehicle for stability. Ground clearance of the 4x4 is indeed more than the regular car, but the lowest point will undoubtedly be towards the front, as the side profile that you have identified, would suggest. Nothing to worry about whatsoever of course :)

Drat drat and double drat!! Now I'll have to do a spot of grovelling...
Thank you for clearing that up for us so quickly.

Back