General 2012 New Panda - all comments here please :)

Currently reading:
General 2012 New Panda - all comments here please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw one on the M25 today on trade plates. It looks great. Much nicer than the VW UP!.

ON 4x4's; my dealer said they could sell them all day, every one which comes in is immediately snapped up. On bling: People are going to buy the Trekking on its looks because that's what people do (he says) and on used Pandas; dealers are knocking £1000 off 2008/9/10 models if you look around, so it's a great time to buy a used Panda from a dealer, and a terrible time to sell one privately.

Hmmmm. They can sell them all day can they? How come hardly any of them sold new then? :confused:

"How come hardly any of them sold new then?"

Ask your dealer. You might want to wonder how if none sold new, there are used ones for sale.

:)

Last edited:
"How come hardly any of them sold new then?"

Ask your dealer. You might want to wonder how if none sold new, there are used ones for sale.

:)
My dealer no longer sells Fiat's and didn't sell many 4x4's. 500's, 4x2 Panda's and GP's however sold well.

I'm sorry, but your dealer's definition of "could sell them all day" is obviously not the same as mine.

There's a small market for the 4x4 which is slightly bigger when second hand than when new. Probably because they are a capable second car and are reliable enough to run used without any worries.

Definately not a big seller and I would say its only because of last winter that fiat uk are evven considering selling it over here.

There's a small market for the 4x4 which is slightly bigger when second hand than when new. Probably because they are a capable second car and are reliable enough to run used without any worries.

Definately not a big seller and I would say its only because of last winter that fiat uk are evven considering selling it over here.

I agree - it's to do with our weather, I suppose. Same argument that explains why we're not equipped/prepared for snow/ice/sunshine. However, once the basic engineering's been done to convert to LHD, why oh why won't they offer a more basic diesel 4x4. As far as the outgoing model goes, they sold in great numbers on the continent and I'd bet they would have added substantially to sales here - nearly all incremental sales, with a few trading down rather than being obliged to go for a tarted up top-of-the-range version, but a much better bet than the petrol one. I'll be very interested in the new 85HP TwinAir 4x4. What odds on it being sold here?

Have a look at Japan and how many of their 'Kei' cars have a 4wd option, almost all of them. I'm surprised more manufacturers don't offer 4wd options on all their models, without trying to give them 'offroad credentials', just more everyday grip.

Noticed that the new Panda has appeared in the 'Driven' section of EVO this month.

They seem to quite like it. They tested the 85bhp Twin Air.

Apparently the ride is hugely improved (it needed to be), so they've obviously spent some time on working the chassis.

Intriguing points are a handbrake shaped like a PC mouse(!).

The steering is improved too which can only be a good thing as it was a notable issue on the old model.

Gained 4 Stars (out of 5) which is pretty good really.

Intriguing points are a handbrake shaped like a PC mouse(!).

This intrigued me:
fi2012panda53743682.jpg

Prices announced:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/278437/fiat_panda_prices_announced.html

Some people may find the starting point high but it seems ok to me considering it looks a far more complete car than a 1.0 3dr VW Up!

You beat me to it Liam!:D

Here are the prices in table format pinched from the WhatCar site:

1.2 69 Pop - £8900
1.3 Multijet 75 - Pop £11,100
0.9 Twinair 85 Easy - £10,750
0.9 Twinair 85 Dualogic Easy - £11,500
1.2 69 Easy - £9550
1.3 Multijet 75 Easy - £11,750
0.9 Twinair 85 Lounge - £11,250
0.9 Twinair 85 Dualogic Lounge - £12,000
1.2 69 Lounge - £10,050
1.3 Multijet Lounge - £12,250

I think the 1.2 Lounge is keenly priced, especially when you think a 500 1.2 Pop is a hundred quid less and has much less standard equipment.

Being priced keenly vis-a-vis FIAT 500 isn't quite the same thing as being priced keenly.
When you can get a FIAT PANDA 69bhp ACTIVE for £5900 then a new FIAT PANDA POP at 8900 doesn't look so great. Discounts will be hard to come by initially.
Then you've got all the cheaper product from Hyundai, KIA and the VAG Triumverate along with well spec'd Chevys and the Toyota/PSA offerings which do 99g/km but are cheap because they aren't quite as competitive as they once were.

Being priced keenly vis-a-vis FIAT 500 isn't quite the same thing as being priced keenly.
When you can get a FIAT PANDA 69bhp ACTIVE for £5900 then a new FIAT PANDA POP at 8900 doesn't look so great. Discounts will be hard to come by initially.
Then you've got all the cheaper product from Hyundai, KIA and the VAG Triumverate along with well spec'd Chevys and the Toyota/PSA offerings which do 99g/km but are cheap because they aren't quite as competitive as they once were.

Just remember that it's all relative. Whilst the 500 doesn't see much in terms of discounting, I suspect the Panda will be discounted a lot more.

Just remember that it's all relative. Whilst the 500 doesn't see much in terms of discounting, I suspect the Panda will be discounted a lot more.

Couldn't agree more. FIAT have set list prices at a level which will give them plenty of scope for £2k+ discounts - and IMHO they're going to need them to get the volumes they're probably looking for.

Agree wholeheartedly with that too. The kind of good fortune FIAT had with the 500's popularity happens only once in a generation. The 500 must surely hold the all-time record for non-discounting of any mass-produced FIAT in living memory & I very much doubt they will pull that off again with the Panda.

There is no way the entry level car is worth 50% more than the current Euro5 Active.

Last edited:
The Panda Abarth piece reckons it will have Abarth mods to the suspension and brakes and a 110 hp version of the TwinAir, and 16 inch wheels, sporty seats, steering wheel and gearlever; available in 2013 starting at 17,000 euros to be followed by an SS version - believe it when I see the latter but that ghastly 500L shows how hard an act to follow the 500 is, so the plain Abarth Panda could just be a goer.

Thread re-opened and tidied - the next time a member wants to get abusive to me, I suggest they take a step back.

I will not tolerate language like that, even if in a foreign language. Pretty pathetic (n) It is always pretty sad when a member has to resort to such means; I try and keep an open forum in this section, I suggested the use of the ignore function, but no - not good enough. Very lame and dispectful.

Hopefully, this will be the end - I was left no choice but to moderate! Now move on and let's continue the discussion :)

Last edited:
Woah, looks like I missed something then!:eek::D

Re the new pricing anyway - bit surprised there's nothing at all on the Fiat website yet?:confused:

Also I remember signing up for email updates a while back on the new Panda, again nothing received yet.

I can understand that the info would get released to media partners but normally you would expect to see the same info at the same time?

Re the pricing, it will be very odd if the base Panda has a higher list price than the base 500.
You have to ignore discounts because it is the list price that will published.

There will be the "new" "Panda Classic", which is the pre-2012 Panda, hopefully still made in Poland, so made properly...

Also missed the fun.

Our local dealer's people - Vospers in Exeter - are going on their course on the new Panda next week if I remember aright.

Actual readies handed over for the Panda will have to be an absolute minimum of 10% less than the 500 spec for spec, probably 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back