Technical 2010 stereo head unit wiring harness

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 stereo head unit wiring harness

grey500

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2010 Lounge (UK) and want to replace the head unit with my Pioneer MVH-190UB.

I have been unable to locate the correct wiring harness as I understand it requires a separate power feed.

I have purchased the following but it has no separate power cable:
see eBay item ID:293545750907 (sorry, can't post URL)

These are the cables in the car (see attachment).

I don't need the steering wheel controls to work, just so I can plug my phone into the USB on mu Pioneer and use Spotify.

Can anybody send me a link to the correct harness.
I have found eBay item ID251722790084 but this appears to have incorrect connector.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_190334.jpg
    IMG_20201030_190334.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 143
If its a standard din connection can,t quite remember think the red constant live yellow switched live, so you,ll need to run a live feed from the battery via a fuse from the battery.
Thanks, I've purchased separately a piggy back fuse for the red live feed, which I believe I'll need to plug into fuse number 36 inside the car once I find the correct harness.

Not sure myself with single din & no steering wheel control adapter!? I bought a kit that came with everything harness adapter & head unit have a look at this it may help url-removed

Thanks, that's what I'm looking at getting but not sure if the two grey connectors from the car will fit into the Quadlock connector. I did purchase a similar one (eBay UK Item ID: 282664835056) but the plugs didn't fit.

My Pioneer head unit doesn't have a Quadlock connection, any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_205836.jpg
    IMG_20201116_205836.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
My Pioneer head unit doesn't have a Quadlock connection, any suggestions?

Looks about right the 8 wire ones is the speakers and should click into the cars connector, the other should also click in, in the instructions for the radio which wire goes to the battery red or yellow? The other might say ign or Acc? I'll guess the red is permanent live, it's this one you need to run a feed to, also there won't be a wire on that pin on the cars plug, a quick check to see if it works is run a jumper wire between the yellow and red, should turn on but you would loose all the pre sets every time you turned the car off, the black factory plug you won't be able to use as your head unit only has basic wiring, essentially speakers power ground and remote switching

Last edited:
Back