3 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .100W x 2 + 300W x 1
2 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .300W x 2

Rated Power Output (4 Ohms)
4 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .50W x 4
3 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .50W x 2 + 150W x 1
2 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .150W x 2

Rated Power Output (2 Ohms)
4 channel mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .75W x 4

Now I want to know if I want to run the Amp at 2 Ohms do I have to run ALL 4 channels are 2 Ohms or can I run 2 channels at 4 Ohms and the other 2 channels at 2 Ohms.

If this works this should give me
2 channels . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .50W x 2 (these being at 4 Ohms)
2 channels . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .75W x 2 (these being at 2 Ohms)

I want to know if this is possible, or would it just destoy my amp the minute I turned it on??? As I REALLY DON'T want to do that.

I'm thinking that I won't be able to do it, but any help would be greatful.

Thanks very much

Brian

Last edited:
Well...

I get the impression that the Low Impedance (Z) Load (2 Ohm) for 2 channels isnt listed as it causes the amp to either go unstable or the power transistors in it to drive themselves loopy and explode.

Id say yude be best sticking with whats listed as otherwise if the amp explodes its not covered by the manufacturer.

If you could get a diagram of what you want to do..I might be able to understand it better... I dont really respond to abstact concepts at this time of night!:D

OK basically I want 6 speakers connected up to the amps 4 channels.

Two of the speakers would just be connected straight up to the amp, as normal, (the speakers would the 4 Ohms), and each would connect to 1 of the amps channels, therefore each speaker would get 50W RMS.

The other two channels would have 4 speakers connected to them, 2 on each channel. These would be wired in Parrallel, thus creating a 2 Ohm load on each of the remaining 2 channels the amp. These would receive 75W RMS each.

I just wanted to know if this would work???
If you need more information I can scan the instructions of the amp in, and also create a diagram showing exactly what I mean.

Ahh...makes sense now.

Id still stick to my guns and say itS not a good idea to exceed the specifications...sorry, but I really dont know!

its two ohm stable but not 2ohm bridged.

so connect two sets of speakers to the same channels and then the 3rd set to the other two channels.

this means that 2 sets of speakers would share 75rms so 37.5rms per speaker.

hope that helps.

So are you saying I can have two of the amps channels connected up so that they see a 2 Ohm load

And the remaining 2 channels can be connected up so they see a 4 Ohm load???????

Would that be ok, and would I blow the amp running it in this configuration???

Sorry I just want to tripple check

Back