General 2.8 Ducato. What to look for?

Currently reading:
General 2.8 Ducato. What to look for?

MX207

What things should i look out for on a 2001 Ducato 2.8turbo

i see the ducato's are called JTD and the relays are HDI would a ducato have HDI on it?

its got 11000 on the clock which im a bit unsure about

Ive had a quick look but will have a better look tomorrow.

Also what's with the roof being kind of bowed in the middle? between all the support beams its seems to be bowed in??

Thanks

Sounds like a tradesmans van if the roof is bent in from people walking on it. Do a history check at 11000 miles seats, seatbelts, steering wheel, pedal rubbers, cab floor, cab step plastic and trims would be like new sounds like bull to me. if in doubt run away.

sorry missed a zero off the end its 110000 the roof looks like it would collect water too its not creased so maybe i could bend it out.

sorry missed a zero off the end its 110000 the roof looks like it would collect water too its not creased so maybe i could bend it out.

The panels will probably have stretched you'd have to stretch them the other way or they'd pop back down. Alternatively you could plyline the roof and cram something like insulation boards / expanding foam in to keep the roof from popping back down. Be much quieter on the road that way too.

has a 01 ducato 2.8jtd the exact same engine as 02 or 03etc.can anyone explain the facelift that occured before 2006

has a 01 ducato 2.8jtd the exact same engine as 02 or 03etc.can anyone explain the facelift that occured before 2006

They changed the high pressure rail and pipes but other than that as far as I know the engines are identical. The older van will have code 1 immobiliser and old style keys.

I'd probably go for the facelift version as the corrosion protection is better.

i see the ducato's are called JTD and the relays are HDI would a ducato have HDI on it?
JTD stands for Jet Turbo Diesel
HDI stands for High Pressure Direct Injection
Both these descriptions apply to most modern diesel engines including the Ducato and Relay so they don't put badges on them anymore.
Like they don't have 'Turbo' badges on anymore, it doesn't impress anyone now because they have nearly all got turbos now.

Last edited:
Back