Scudo 2.0 jtd Scudo '56 plate not turning over

Currently reading:
Scudo 2.0 jtd Scudo '56 plate not turning over

lloydy01

Hi guys, just joined - so firstly "Hello".

56 plate 2.0 jtd in rather a fetching red colour.

I had an issue earlier that kinda foxed me.
Only had the van a short while, but absolutely no issues at all, until turning the key to start position this morning and nothing happened.
Unlocked on the remote in the usual way, all dash lights etc in the usual way in the first positions but starting position produced not even a click.
Turned on interior lights and tried again - no dimming at all.
So, clearly starter solenoid not engaging - but likely no power to the solenoid either.
Attempted probably a dozen times, standing on one leg, pulling funny faces, talking nicely to it etc, but still nothing.
Went to get a bit of wire to hot wire on to the starter motor solenoid, but tried one last time and the monkey started !!
So then, does this sound familiar to anyone here ?

Thanks to all.

Hello Lloyd and welcome to the FIAT forums

Can't help you greatly but agree with your suspicions of a sticky solenoid.
My own suspicion could be that the battery is a bit low on power and not making it 'make'.

Sometimes lights aren't a good enough indication - I had that happen on a SAAB that I owned - everything seemed as it should be but the battery was in fact getting tired.

Good shout with the earthing jump lead, although I reckon we would all expect a clicking sound confirming the breakdown under load.
Anyone able to direct me towards a wiring diagram for the Scudo, especially the starting circuit / relays etc. ?
Thanks again

UPDATE.....

It was the last quick connector before the ring crimp on the starter solenoid.

Wasn't difficult to find :cry:

Cut out, crimped through and problem solved.

Never did trace the wiring back to its source though... :shrug:

Hope this helps someone some day.

Back