General 2.0 jtd 2004 gearbox oil change

Currently reading:
General 2.0 jtd 2004 gearbox oil change

wanderer

Can someone please tell me where to fill my gearbox and if there is a level plug?i have a mecanics pocket manual but the level/filler plug shown is not fitted on mine.ihave read posts etc about other ducato engines but would like the definitive answer for the 2.0 jtd 2004.
TIA

Hi
I have the Boxer variant with the 2.0 HDI engine 2005 model and the gearbox oil level plug is just inboard of the drivers side drive shaft. Difficult to see as it is behind the mounting bracket. If you can see the drain plug the level is very nearly directly above it. If it was like mine it was overfilled at the factory, so watch out for a flow of oil.
Regards
Stewart

Just had another look, you seem to be describing the plug i don't think i have.There's just what i think is an empty hole, i was expecting a hex head,is there something deep in the hole?
anyone any ideas?
Thanks
David

Hi,
The plug is approx 20mm (I used and old af size as that was all I had) and no the plug is not recessed in fact I only just had room to get the socket and drive behind the bracket.

Does suprise me that Peugeot fit one but Fiat doesnt I thought they were all made in the same factory to the same spec.

The way people say to fill the gearbox once fully drained is through the reverse light switch on the top of the gear box.

Regards
Stewart

Back