DSC0024310.jpg

Uno 2.0 16V Fiat Uno Turbo from South Africa

Introduction

Hi I am new here..... I have a passion for Italian cars.

I started 6 months ago with a project Uno turbo. The car looked realy bad when i got her.

I fitted a 2.0 16V Turbo engin in the bay and revamped the whole car.

Here is some pictures.

This was how she looked when I got her.

The End Result

Each to their own. I've driven some quick non-fiat cars and the engine note left me, well, empty. It just went brum, brum, brum. Without a doubt hes done well with the engineering - all credit to him for making it fit - but there is more to life than power and I'd have liked to have seen an italian lump providing the traction.

Hellcat said:
:yuck:

It's a soul-less shell of a car then :(

Hahaha.............found that funny for some reason

Im against engine conversions but its good to have variety, but to turn around say to someone "its the ********".........isnt really doing the car (from standard) justice

The whole "change the engine" thing says that the original engine was a pile of ****!

Well........ i think uno-jens has proved many, many, many people wrong! :D

Have you not had to really increase the chassis stregnth, my mum and dad used to have a friend with an uno turbo and he did minimal performance upgrades to it and the chassis twisted slightly.

pranksta said:
Have you not had to really increase the chassis stregnth, my mum and dad used to have a friend with an uno turbo and he did minimal performance upgrades to it and the chassis twisted slightly.

Cage it :D

Thats what im gettng done, TIG welded BTCC (im hoping for) cage...........with 1 rear seat in the middle (y)

Sup Fiat maties!!!

Long time no Smell. i sold the Uno to my Brother, and he is racing it now.

Fastest 1/4 mile time was 13.5sec flat by me.
We did some upgrades but the enfin is still standard.
180kw and 455nm torque...We love the torque in these engines.
Fitted a BiiiiiiiiG intercooler
Boost controller
Fitted Falken Azenis RT 615 Semi Slick Racing tires
Fitted a Roll Cage.

Thats about it...

Germany_VS_Jap_2007_216.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back