Uno 1993 Fiat Uno 1.1 i.e 60SX from Portugal

Currently reading:
Uno 1993 Fiat Uno 1.1 i.e 60SX from Portugal

PJCF

Hey there, gents! I'm Pedro, from Portugal and a Fiat Uno 1.1. i.e. 60 SX just came my way. Since my first car was an 88 Uno 60 SL, I though I'd give a shot and try to bring back to decent working order. Could someone please direct me at where I can start posting about it?
Thanks.

First issues to solve.

So, the first issues of the My little Uno are: rough idle (it would rev up to 2000 rpms than come down to 1000 and go up again) after driving it for a while and got it up to good working temperature, it would stall on intersections or roundabouts and it would not start. It would only start after a while.
Before doing anything else, I decided to do a cylinder compression test. I got one of those gauges with the rubber hose that screws into the spark plug. First, I got the engine running for 15 min, the fan came on nicely then turned it off, then I disconnected the coil plug, the injector plug, the throttle position sensor plug and the idle control valve switch. After that, I unplugged the HT leads and removed the old spark plugs. Everything went OK. screwed the gauge on each cylinder, gave it a nice turn, and all 4 cylinders hit above 11, which I believe is according to what's on the Haynes and Porter books. I was pretty happy. Since the the old plugs were out, I decided to fit some new ones. The thing is, the local parts shop didn't have the equivalent to the ones on the user manual and recommended some Denso k20pr-u11 (which I actually use on my other car). So I fitted those one, plugged everything back together and now it cranks, jerks but doesn't start. As for my next step, I will try it with the old spark plugs. Thank you for reading and I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Hi

I preferred the uno to panda..

But the panda has kept a good seller here in the UK
SO a badly corroded Uno will just get scrapped :(

Yep, here in Portugal Pandas have also kept their popularity and value. This Uno would be sent to the scrapper's but it has a valid mot, good tyres, good interior,it's complete and all original with an original sunroof that doesn't leak, it started and drove and shows no sign of corrosion. There a few dings and scratches,but ok for its age, so I decided to give it shot and tackle the idle and stalling issues, to see if I can make it into a decent grocery getter/spare car.

Back