Technical 195/65r15

Currently reading:
Technical 195/65r15

That profile size seems a little odd, or is it just me?

I would have thought a 195 on a 15inch rim would have a profile closer to 50?

I'm running 185/55/15's on mine which seems a fairly standard profile.

My dealer recomended MICHELIN-ALPIN-A5 with 195/65 R15 because the Vector 4 seasons is not legal as winter tires in Norway. The Alpin is ok as an all year tire here. However, seeing how close my 175/55 R15 was, I am a bit worried about that larger dim. Will wait and see.

11953530_10156058821485204_2515641963734595856_o.jpg

They fit perfect, I think this is the largest tire you can get on a panda without modifications to the car.

That does look a beast in black! very nice.

I think I shall fit Michelins come replacement time. I've always found them to be the best.
I'll stick to the standard size though.. they look a tad too close to the wheel arch for my liking. Could cause issues in the snow.

What kind of issues could this cause in snow? I know I cannot fit chains to them, but other than that I see no problems..

There's certainly some extra side-wall 'give' available there - should make for a nicely cushioned ride!
Would this not require a re-calibration of the speedo? (Extra diameter would mean more distance per rotation of the wheels, so speedo might under-read?)

I tested with GPS, if the needle says 100 kph the gps says 98 kph. (y)

Exactly - all the tyres have done is CORRECT the in-built over reading of the standard setup. Did the same with a Land Rover of mine - maybe more expensive than a proper calibrated speedo, but the end result is the same!

I am actually quite surprised that these 195/65's fit, as they are quite a bit taller in the sidewall than the stock Cross 185/65's (+7mm), or of course the 175/65's on our normal 4x4s (+13mm). A useful lift in gearing for cruising too, so I might also consider those Michelin's come the time!

Good work Phanton3D :)

I meant to add that the only 'issue' in snow is that the build-up of snow on the tread will quickly be rubbed off by the inner and outer wheel arches, which will probably be audible, but if they work as well as we know they should in the white stuff, that'll not bother you one bit!

Back