General 17s on bravo problems

Currently reading:
General 17s on bravo problems

dmo123

ive just fitted some 17" alloys on my bravo, 2000 model it's not been lowered yet but everytime i go over speed bumps or pot holes slow i get a knocking, well its more like a scrape on the front end like the alloys are catching on summat tyres are 205/40s et 38 does anyone else get that problem is it something to worry about or not. help appreciated thanks:bang:

ive just fitted some 17" alloys on my bravo, 2000 model it's not been lowered yet but everytime i go over speed bumps or pot holes slow i get a knocking, well its more like a scrape on the front end like the alloys are catching on summat tyres are 205/40s et 38 does anyone else get that problem is it something to worry about or not. help appreciated thanks:bang:

You should not suffer any problems with 17" wheels aslong as your tyres are 205/40/17 and your ET is around 35-40 and your centre bore is 58.1.

I would check if your inner plastic splash guards are seated correctly. As this can cause a scraping noise. Knackered shock absorbers will also make the car travel further on bumps and this can also cause knocks and scrape noises. I would check the condition of shocks, ball joints and wheel bearings.

My car is on 17s and is lowered on Eibach springs. I used to get scraping noises on the front over bumps at speed, as the abarth bumper was sitting too far back, so i repositioned it and the noise has gone.

Your best checking everything over.

You should not suffer any problems with 17" wheels aslong as your tyres are 205/40/17 and your ET is around 35-40 and your centre bore is 58.1.

I would check if your inner plastic splash guards are seated correctly. As this can cause a scraping noise. Knackered shock absorbers will also make the car travel further on bumps and this can also cause knocks and scrape noises. I would check the condition of shocks, ball joints and wheel bearings.

My car is on 17s and is lowered on Eibach springs. I used to get scraping noises on the front over bumps at speed, as the abarth bumper was sitting too far back, so i repositioned it and the noise has gone.

Your best checking everything over.
thanks mate i'll check everything over tomo

also because ive gone from 14s to 17s will the tracking need redoing

also because ive gone from 14s to 17s will the tracking need redoing

Its always a good idea to have tracking done whenever you get new tyres fitted or new wheels. However if the car drives in a straight line okay then chances are the tracking and wheel alignment is fine.

ive also just noticed that the gap from the front bumper to the tyre is different on both sides about 7mm out' the bumper is seated right and the steering is straight. is that something to worry about

i had no problems at all with the car until i fitted 17s

Hi!
I also fitted 17s to my bravo, but i also lowered the car by 35mm. I got that awful scraping noise youre on about, I cured that problem by fitting a set of marea wings and inside arch liners....
As for the uneven bumper, ive seen a few bravos like that and cudnt figure it out, untill the handbrake cable snapped and my car went into a wall at about 5mph...! There are legs/mounting brackets (dont realy kno what theyre called!) that part of your liner and bumper is attached to, these are easily bent!

Back