Technical -15 Fiat Freemont VM 2.0 multijet

Currently reading:
Technical -15 Fiat Freemont VM 2.0 multijet

Guffman

Hello!
I have a problem with my freemont. It doesent like to start when it is Cold outside. Right now it is -8°C in Sweden. I have changed the glowplugs and then the glowplug controller couse i get 2.4V to the 4.4V glowplugs. I dont know of it is the correct voltage. I was thinking i might be a bad ground so i did unscrew a glowplug and took a startercable to the groundconnection and put the car in "acc" mode. It did glow. So i put the startercable to the engineblock from the groundconnection and it made no difference. Anyway i cranked the engine until it started and it runs normal once started. Any ideas om what problem i may have?

Thanks for replys.

Regards Guffman

Hello!
I have a problem with my freemont. It doesent like to start when it is Cold outside. Right now it is -8°C in Sweden. I have changed the glowplugs and then the glowplug controller couse i get 2.4V to the 4.4V glowplugs. I dont know of it is the correct voltage. I was thinking i might be a bad ground so i did unscrew a glowplug and took a startercable to the groundconnection and put the car in "acc" mode. It did glow. So i put the startercable to the engineblock from the groundconnection and it made no difference. Anyway i cranked the engine until it started and it runs normal once started. Any ideas om what problem i may have?

Thanks for replys.

Regards Guffman
Hi,

Have you solved the cold start problem you had?

Br
Robin

Back