14s

Currently reading:
14s

A

Andrew

I got an N reg 1.4s nice car. the biggest problem is the door handles are tatty. is it easy to replace them. also i dont know weather to add a few bits to it, or sell it and get a higher model

any advice

also how much should i ask for it, its got 10months tax and test all nice except slight crack in front bumper. 75ooo miles

thanks

hmn N reg 75,000 i would say you would be lucky to get £1300 proabibly get around the £1000 mark

to add new colour coded bumpers you are looking at £90 to buy them from a breakers yard (the ones u have look crap if sprayed) and should cost around £50 cash in hand to a bodyshop to spray them colour coded.

as for the handles, this is a very common fault and especially with yours being one of the older models it will be more of a problem, i think we determined over winter that if de icer is used and drips on the handles then it corrodes them. a new set of handles will set you back about £20 from a brakers yard maybe less :)

good luck mate if you do decide to sell go for the 1.2 (if you want the lower engine) the 1.2 is the same as our 1.4 :) plus comes with the added extras

Re: Re: 14s

1.2 is the same? Noooooo. 1.2 has 16v rather than the 1,4's 12v. Extra couple of bhp amd nowhere near as thirsty!

Re: Re: Re: 14s

what i meant wimmy was that in most cars if you go from a 1.2 to a 1.4 then there is usually a performance increase so it is often a common mistake when bravo owners think the 1.2 is inferior to the 1.4 i was just pointing out that they are the same meaning not a million miles apart :)

i agree with you the 1.2 is a better car then the 1.4 and considering i own a 1.4 that is hard for me to say, lol although i have never driven a 1.2 so i don't know the diffrence in how the car drives :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: 14s

probably most 1.2 owners haven't driven a 1.4 either mate so most of them have no idea how much better the 1.2 is over the 1.4 to drive - you certainly wouldnt notice 2 bhp.

Fuel consumption does seem one area the 1.2 is way ahead in but then it's a replacement model so it should be

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14s

i've got a 1.2 but have driven my mates 1.4 - and tried the race off the lights etc - on a dual carriageway (nothing dangerous just 0-60) and my car was a lot quicker :)
its nothing new though, a mk2 car is always expected to have been an improvement on a mk1 car.

if you're happy with your car then that's all that matters

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14s

unfortunately ive lost the name of who posted this:

you might find that useful if you are wanting to replace the handles.

Does anyone have a price for a new set of door handles from fiat?

Alasdair.