Technical 13s or 14s?

Currently reading:
Technical 13s or 14s?

iron chef

Hi all, Cinqs been off the road for summer (bike is my primary transport) and i just had a lil blast in it.

For starters i had forgotten how much fun the thing is, and to be honest, thats the way i want to keep it...fun. i know its not gunna be a full on speed machine, and i dont need it to be

Currently have all the usual mods (and a few others in progress):

1242 spi
Mckrich
P75 cam
janspeed system
induction
big throttle body

The problem is i have a set of 14" mk1 punt abarth wheels to go on, mainly for the PGT setup, but i dont want to loose out on the feel of powah that you get on the 13s if you know what i mean?

So the question, Does anyone regret going bigger wheels or would you recomend the switch??

Cheers,

Matt

i went to 14's and never regretted it.

14's are obviously slightly bigger so IMO approved the handling and grip, although people with 13's will debate that.

Tyres for 14's are also cheaper than SOME 13's as well

It'll be an improvement -- 195/45 (or even 40) would be better if you had 6J wheels, but pop 185/50/14 Contis on and you'll get far more grip (let's face it, cars are about being able to go round corners fast, in a straight line or standing quarter they'll never hold a decent bike) and be able to use those brakes (which will improve your point to point times). Otherwise you'll have a life of expensive tyres and relatively poor brakes.

Back