Technical 1.9 jtd loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 jtd loss of power

execgirl, If you have been told that it is illegal to disconnect or block the egr valve they are wrong. It is NOT illegal.
Also, blocking or disconnecting it does not show on the emissions test. The test does not measure the nox output.
I have blocked many egrs in the past and every time the vehicle ran smoother and with better mpg and easily pass the emissions test.
It sounds like your egr is not gummed up if it is new so try disconnecting it temporary to prove or disprove if the egr is opening at the wrong time?
Maybe the egr is fine and the problem lies elsewhere. I would have the maf checked.

I have a fiat Doblo 1.9deisal I have the EGR blanked of but now the EGL is on dianostic show the air flow sensor is faulty but it was fine before this would blanking of cause this fault to show up now or should I ignore it

I have a fiat Doblo 1.9deisal I have the EGR blanked of but now the EGL is on dianostic show the air flow sensor is faulty but it was fine before this would blanking of cause this fault to show up now or should I ignore it

before this the van had been in the garage 3 times it would blow white smoke and lack power on occasion which slowly got worse all the sensors were checked the garage found nothing wrong at all with the van but clearly there was I am worried I am doing more damage I have also been told that the blanking plate should have a small hole drilled into it to allow some sir through is this true can someone please advise me

Back