Grande Punto 1.4 sporting

Currently reading:
Grande Punto 1.4 sporting

stephk28

Please help me!!
I've recently bought a NY fiat first the battery needed changing.
I changed this but today it cut out while I was at the docotrs bought another battery and mow it's working, now my car is overheating when it is sat with engine on. It was that hit my coolant burst everywhere. The fan wont come on when it should and I really dont know what to change or do right now can someone suggest anything

Thanks

Please help me!!
I've recently bought a NY fiat first the battery needed changing.
I changed this but today it cut out while I was at the docotrs bought another battery and mow it's working, now my car is overheating when it is sat with engine on. It was that hit my coolant burst everywhere. The fan wont come on when it should and I really dont know what to change or do right now can someone suggest anything

Thanks
Hi, welcome.
Roughly where in the country are you?
Do you have any experience with spanners?
Does the heater in your car work?

Hi, welcome.
Roughly where in the country are you?
Do you have any experience with spanners?
Does the heater in your car work?

I'm in cardiff, my heaters in the car work and it cools the car down. Yes I can use spanner

I'm in cardiff, my heaters in the car work and it cools the car down. Yes I can use spanner

Id say thermostat needs changing, sounds like its not opening, I'd also test the radiator fan with a 12v feed just to male sure it works. But my money is on the thermostat

Someone said it could be fuse to heater relay but I've checked and they all seem to be I place gonna replace the fan myself and see if that does anything

Someone said it could be fuse to heater relay but I've checked and they all seem to be I place gonna replace the fan myself and see if that does anything
Good idea to check the radiator fan first and it's specific relay and it's fuse.

Before buying a new fan try yours on a battery first.

Back