General 1.4 active sport stilo problems

Currently reading:
General 1.4 active sport stilo problems

key280651

Hi all, iv just got my stilo about a month ago and now iv got problems. Just wondered if anyone out there could help. Right first of there’s a knocking noise coming from under the car when ever u go over a bump or turn a corner. It sounds like the exhaust but had that checked out and that’s fine. Second when u rev then engine and the revs drop there is a strange noise. It sounds like a grinding, clicking noise. The noise is also there when u turn the engine on. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Cheers

Engine size please..jtd or petrol..and is the knocking coming from the front or rear..? :)

LOL ..yep i didnt read the starter properly..I got it wrong..aww well Argo off I go to see if i can find a 1.4 jtd..[mission impossible]..:p

Hey yeah its a 1.4 petrol lol.
It sounds like its mid car but could be wrong and it could be the front.

Cheers

I would say it's either your drop links or ball joints, whip a wheel of and give it a working out to see if anything is loose under there and check your front springs havent snapped at the same time (y)

Karl

Drop links (at least mine) tend to click/crackle when failing (kind of like metal fatigue) and not only on bumps but on acceleration and deceleration as well

Back