General 1.3 multijet service

Currently reading:
General 1.3 multijet service

Good evening :)

just wanted to get opinions....

My GP was last serviced almost 12 months so is due for a none major service any time soon. My car is coming up to 50k and the next scheduled service is due at 54k!

I reckon I will be at 54k before the end of the year. I am not sure what to do for the best... I don't want to pay for a minor service and then have to pay for a big service within 3 months. I don't know if I should wait till nearer the time and then book the service or bring the big service forward by 4k and have it done so it falls in line time wise. I just don't want to pay for two services soo close to each other :eek:

if its a small service, can always try yourself, change the oil and filter, and possible air filter and then leave the rest till the major garage service?

As a large amount of the first cost will surely be labour rather than parts, maybe buy two lots of everything and supply it for when the larger service is due?

is it still in warrenty? if not Id leave it till you get the major done at 54k its not a time bomb, it wont implode at bang on 12 months, I think servicing is half a con anyway

Good evening :)

just wanted to get opinions....

My GP was last serviced almost 12 months so is due for a none major service any time soon. My car is coming up to 50k and the next scheduled service is due at 54k!

I reckon I will be at 54k before the end of the year. I am not sure what to do for the best... I don't want to pay for a minor service and then have to pay for a big service within 3 months. I don't know if I should wait till nearer the time and then book the service or bring the big service forward by 4k and have it done so it falls in line time wise. I just don't want to pay for two services soo close to each other :eek:

Just go for the biggy Sammiboo & have done with it, I did. Pays off in the end, my dealer I am part-exing with is well impressed with my early servicing & I got top book for my 4 year old 74,000 miler! :)

Back