Technical 1.2 engine problem [coil?]

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 engine problem [coil?]

DonSalvati

The other day I drove my Stilo 1.2 to the petrol station and I couldn't believe how smooth the car felt and was really enjoying the drive lol. Next as i came back from paying the petrol, I started the engine and drove off and the car was acting really weird.

I felt like I had no power as I accelerated. The engine sounded like a diesel engine and was really vibrating the whole car. The exhaust wasn't just constantly letting out the fumes but in little goes. Plus the "Engine Fault" beeps every two seconds.

I topped the oil up as it was a little low and recently had an MOT and it passed all ok except adjusting a light but I did receive a warning on corrosion of the outer exhaust shield. First thing I thought was maybe it was dodgy petrol so phoned the garage and they had no other reports and I tried some fuel additive to clean the system but still same problem.

Any one know what it might be? Planning to take it to a garage on Monday but wondered if anyone might know?

could be a faulty coil ?
You can unplug /replug the coil connectors one at a time with the engine running and if there is one that makes no difference in rpm that's the faulty coil...
If you know somebody with a code reader the codes should indicate P300-301-302-303 or 304.

Thanks guys for the replys. I did have a little check this morning using the guides but didn't want to fiddle around to much and bugger something up. Its just my luck to do stuff like that.

Took it to a local garage and they confirmed a misfire on a coil. Their going to change it in the monring for £100. They offered to do them all as well but no money lol The mechanic said they can blow just as easily as a light lol well sorted now untill the next time somethings up!

Thanks again!

dont do ittttttttt. i brought a coil for £45 at my local spares shop and fitted it myself and im rubbish with cars. its a case of a few nuts and bolts nothing technical.

Back