Technical 1.2 8v Mk2 Punto problems..

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 8v Mk2 Punto problems..

cloudy_73

Guys,

Need an opinion here!

My 02 plate punto had its head gasket replaced after 7000mls on the clock and to be honest its never been the same car since - its not as smooth as it used to be and ive already complained to Fiat but heard nothing back from them. I dont want to go back to the dealer where i bought the car from as they are useless (they can't even order in the right parts!!) - so what can i do??

I have other things wrong with the car - electric windows judder, wippers stick (been fixed twice!), dead battery etc etc..

HELP as Ive had enough!

p.s Im paying the car up on HP - does this alter my rights???

Thanks and sorry for the loooong whinge!!!

hi
im having loads of problems with my new punto, fiat dont wont to sort the problem.
best thing to do if fiat are not replying and are not sorting the car out contact the finace company and let them know what happining, they will contact fiat and get the car sorted. my boyfriend had problem with is seat ibiza so he contacted the finace company and they got it sorted for him

hope this helps

c sherriff

"I dont want to go back to the dealer where i bought the car from as they are useless (they can't even order in the right parts!"

Yeah I have come across this(as with other makes of car to be fair)but a problem all Fiat dealers are having is the wrong parts in the right boxes! Believe me it happens especially with Fiat so might not be the dealers fault.
Also dont be afraid to go back to the dealer,chances are they will try & help,they are your best bet as customer care wont help you!
If the cars under warranty get the faults sorted now,I find if your nice to the dealer they respond well,if you go in shouting they get very stubbon,good luck:)

If you bought the car on finance the finance company are jointly liable for it (consumer credit act 1974 i believe) basically what you need to do is write a formal letter to fiat stating your problems and what you expect them to do and copy it to the finance company, if you mention trading standards also they should sort it

I've had my 2001 Punto for all of 2 weeks and it's already been into the dealer! My experience of the dealer (Reg Vardy - Stockport) has been positive so far. They hooked me up to their diagnostic equipment for next to nothing (as I work for a dealer - not Fiat) in order to find out why my EOBD light was flashing, it turned out it needed a good old fashioned reset. Your wipers stick? Surely not! <gg>. I'm yet to meet a Punto owner who's wiper motor hasn't packed in at some point (mine is still on the blink). If you are not having much luck with your Fiat dealer, write to the DP (dealer principle - the big man at your dealership). My experience tells me that they hate complaints and enjoy taking every opportunity to have a pop at their own service department! Good luck! :)

Back