Tuning 1.2 16V indiuction kit?

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 16V indiuction kit?

cpt_spalding

I've been entrusting my cars to garages for servicing & stuffs lately mostly due to time constraints. Trying to save a wee bit money now so when I was changing over my HT leads I thought I'd check my air filter since it's been a year since my last service (6,000 miles).

As I did I noticed that the fixing points for the top of the filter box are all b*ggered & it's just been resting on top of the filter box. So, hey, no surprise that the filter is almost as clean as the day it went in. Nice of the garage to let me know it was b*ggered (they didn't obv).

So I'll clean out the throttle body (again) since all the cr*p's been farting right through. I'm also considering an induction kit rather than changing over the old filter housing.

Can anyone recommend a decent (& simple to fit) induction kit for the 1.2 80SX 16V Brava engine. Anyone have any photo's of the unit fitted on the Brava/Bravo?

Thanks

Last edited:
Are the brass inserts pulled out of the plastic?

On my box I've made a few steel strips with nuts welded on. These sit below the mounting bushes on the plastic and serve as the new thread. Not ideal, but it works. (You do need the equipment to make this though. I had the luck I had access to my university workshops TIG welder)

Image0692.jpg

Gregovic, the plastic lugs are broken off :(

m20b25, What kit is that & how easy is it to fit & to get the front bumper off?

Where do you cut into the existing hose? Would like to see more pics if you have.

Stewart

the best induction kit youll ever have will be your own custom one, i dont believe in spending £180 for a BMC Cda kit. when you can quite easily custom make one for less than that, and have the filter anywhere you like too.

i cant remember but is the 1.2 maf or map driven ? if its maf dont get a oiled filter, as this will ruin the maf, because the sensor is pretty fragile. if not then theres nothing to worry about.

measure the room you have in the engine bay, get some ally pipe off ebay, and some silicone joiners and an air filter, and youll be sorted, or you go cheap and get any old pipe, but if you want it to look smart, spend abit more and youll be pretty proud of it ;)

Gregovic, the plastic lugs are broken off :(

m20b25, What kit is that & how easy is it to fit & to get the front bumper off?

Where do you cut into the existing hose? Would like to see more pics if you have.

Stewart

Its all custom:

• Marea front
  • Took out the full standard airbox system. Pipes and ducts included.
  • Used a 1.4 12v inlet pipe with reducer on the tb
  • The steel pipe is from a Ducato exhaust
  • The filter is a K&N 57i originally from a Punto 85. The full kit.
  • A generic Halfords filter for the breather
  • Took out the left foglight and used some aluminium ducting as an air channel.
  • Plastic guard is from a mk1 Punto

Custom is the only way foreward. The aftermarket ones are useless! This particular setup is a very tight fit and changing bulbs is a headlight out job.

Plenty more pics but they're scattered in my build thread... Here's a few :)

Image122.jpg

Image2133.jpg

Image1878.jpg

Image04721.jpg

Tight fit!
Image0579.jpg

Hmmm. Thanks for that - a project for another day.

I picked up the new air filter box from the following breaker who is worth a mensh for excellent customer service.

Kevin Brunton Car & Commercial
Unit 10, Morrison IND EST
Annfield Plain
Stanley
DH9 7RU
Tel 01207 233201
e: [email protected]

£10 + £10 p&p paid via paypal

Do insurers see an induction kit as a modification? Would they be likely to increase your insurance premium for that?

Back