Technical 03 Jtd Mw Bargain at £556

Currently reading:
Technical 03 Jtd Mw Bargain at £556

Muppet1

Springer Mad!!
Well guys, After a very long day inc an 8 hour train journey and a 6hour drive home from Newcastle i have another stilo.

So we have 3 logged faults, 1 overboost valve, 2 Maf and the third i cant remember at the moment.

Now it has a misfire or injector fault as its running really rough. I will check the fault codes tomorrow again when i put on a old boost valve and maf on just to see if it cures that issue.
Now it has no power but then thats the above faults anyway but what could be causing the rough running, Almost like its running on 3 cyl's and when its first started it belches out black smoke like nothing you have seen but give it ten minutes its clear as a bell????????????????? And run clean all the way home and still was doing 40mpg in limp mode.

First thought was diesel filter but that wouldnt cause running on 3 cyl's possibly would it??

Going to have a good look tomorrow but wanted to get some opinions as well.

Cheers
Im fairly sure there wasnt a injector fault logged when i cleared the faults

Oh and Ps, Its done 151,000 miles

Last edited:
Jammy sod first of all, im in Newcastle and wish I'd seen it, if the misfire vanishes after a while I would say glow plug is needing changed,

Well it was on eBay and to be exact Gateshead. A 5 min walk from the station.

It drives lovely, has had all the rear axle bushes done, rear springs, front springs loads of stuff.
Just this misfire to sort now once i have woken up.

Just a thought, What's the best way to clean the Maf.

I think i have electrical contact cleaner in the shed anything else useful?

No errors what's so ever, Have narrowed it down to a stuck actuator on the turbo.
Will see what its like when I remove the turbo.

Well it would have been, But my bloody mother hates it so i cant be bothered to sort it out and as a result its back on ebay.

Back