Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2010   #1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 179
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Punto Evo Threads

I was looking to see if its worth a seperate Punto Evo Folder from the Grande Punto as the dealer seems to be treating these as new beasts,,
Or do we just see this as a face lift?

I bought one today
__________________
Its here : Punto Evo, 1.4 Active 3dr Progressive Black
Last: Grande Punto 1.2 Active GT1
Clifford 330x1
joeraz is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #2
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

i dont think you can say they are worthy of a seperate section
exactly what questions would be asked there that couldnt/wouldnt be covered in GP?
custard is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #3
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Evo is more deserving of its own section than the linea.
__________________
http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk//
T14086 is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 179
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

just an idea, as i spent along time yesterday trying to find pictures & thoughts of this new model,, the dealer did put it across to me the GP was discontinued & the Evo was the new one,, i was having a good look whilst my struts were being fixed on the GP,,

Getting close to MOT time i thought i would change it,,
__________________
Its here : Punto Evo, 1.4 Active 3dr Progressive Black
Last: Grande Punto 1.2 Active GT1
Clifford 330x1
joeraz is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #5
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

GP is being sold alongside the evo and will be for awhile....even longer methinks as many dont like the evo's frontal looks.
__________________
http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk//
T14086 is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 179
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

TBH, i dont really like the black plastic bits either & would have preffered a new GP,, i was never informed the GP was still on the go,, the only one in the show room was a 59 i thought they were just getting rid off,, hmmm,,

Would rather off gotten a better spec GP for the same money unless are both priced like for like
__________________
Its here : Punto Evo, 1.4 Active 3dr Progressive Black
Last: Grande Punto 1.2 Active GT1
Clifford 330x1
joeraz is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #7
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Well, no1s answered my questions regarding my Evo issues yet.

Maybe if i have engine problems the GP forum will be of use... oh wait, different engine all together.
Maybe if i wanted to change my headlights/rearlights etc the GP forum would be of use, oh wait there different.
..... list could go on but i think ya get my drift :P


Also, whens Evo going to be added to the profile garage page!? keep trying to put down my evo but no Punto Evo selection yet unless its been added in the past couple of hours *trys again*


Also the Grande Punto isnt on sale anymore unless you get pre-reg (59), the "Punto Sound" has the grandes shell but is a bare basic model
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Blank2k2; 21-03-2010 at 20:38.
Blank2k2 is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #8
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blank2k2 View Post
Well, no1s answered my questions regarding my Evo issues yet.

Maybe if i have engine problems the GP forum will be of use... oh wait, different engine all together.
Maybe if i wanted to change my headlights/rearlights etc the GP forum would be of use, oh wait there different.
..... list could go on but i think ya get my drift :P


Also, whens Evo going to be added to the profile garage page!? keep trying to put down my evo but no Punto Evo selection yet unless its been added in the past couple of hours *trys again*


Also the Grande Punto isnt on sale anymore unless you get pre-reg (59), the "Punto Sound" has the grandes shell but is a bare basic model
the cinq and sei have completely different bodyshells but its the same car underneath
changing lights,different mounts to the GP?


as for the garage,have you requested it be added?
custard is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #9
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
the cinq and sei have completely different bodyshells but its the same car underneath
changing lights,different mounts to the GP?


as for the garage,have you requested it be added?

I'm not sure what the mounts etc are like compared to grande but the shape of the front end is different so im sure the mounting must be different, also the Evo certainly feels like a different car to the grande, considering its interior is different & its exterior is different, and the engine is very different.... plus Evo fans are pretty shunned out by the GP fans... Multiair vs T-jet on a whole new scale :P

The only help GP owners can give Evos would be "I guess, it might, it could, your cars ugly" which personally isnt enough discussion to warrant me chopping my car, atleast with an Evo forum all the Evo knowledge would be in 1 place & not mixed in with GP knowledge

yeah requested it yesterday afternoon :P guess 24hrs is abit short notice but eh.. im impatient
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Blank2k2; 21-03-2010 at 21:05.
Blank2k2 is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #10
Ginger
 
MrBoney's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 411
Thanks: 14
Trader Rating: 0
MrBoney has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
the cinq and sei have completely different bodyshells but its the same car underneath
changing lights,different mounts to the GP?


as for the garage,have you requested it be added?
According to Fiat every panel of the EVO is different to the Grande, it's 80% stiffer and has a completely different engine / lights / styling. I aint gonna get help asking a grande owner where to get a body kit like there's ...
__________________
Punto Evo, 1.4 MultiAir 105 Eleganza 5dr, ESP + Hill Holder, Ambient White, Leather Interior (front armrest and ambient lighting), Skydome Roof, Style Pack (cornering fogs, rear electric windows and side rubbing strips), Metallic Bumper Mouldings, Reverse Parking Sensors, Mudflaps.
MrBoney is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #11
Ginger
 
MrBoney's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 411
Thanks: 14
Trader Rating: 0
MrBoney has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blank2k2 View Post
I'm not sure what the mounts etc are like compared to grande but the shape of the front end is different so im sure the mounting must be different, also the Evo certainly feels like a different car to the grande, considering its interior is different & its exterior is different, and the engine is very different.... plus Evo fans are pretty shunned out by the GP fans... Multiair vs T-jet on a whole new scale :P

The only help GP owners can give Evos would be "I guess, it might, it could" which personally isnt enough discussion to warrant me chopping my car, atleast with an Evo forum all the Evo knowledge would be in 1 place & not mixed in with GP knowledge

yeah requested it yesterday afternoon :P guess 24hrs is abit short notice but eh.. im impatient
I'm sure it's jealousy from Grande owners who can't afford an EVO, it doesn't help that you are the first EVO owner on here and bought a top spec one with even more things than their Grande's. They can't afford one and have spent too much money devalueing their Grande's with some ugly mods lol
__________________
Punto Evo, 1.4 MultiAir 105 Eleganza 5dr, ESP + Hill Holder, Ambient White, Leather Interior (front armrest and ambient lighting), Skydome Roof, Style Pack (cornering fogs, rear electric windows and side rubbing strips), Metallic Bumper Mouldings, Reverse Parking Sensors, Mudflaps.
MrBoney is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #12
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 179
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

I get mines at the end of the month,, went today for a looky at the pre PDI'd ones they just got in,, Progressive Black for me,, basic active though,, the AC dealers only black was the Active,, idealy i wanted at least the 8v GP but only had a grey in that,,

So no thoughts of the Tom Tom for me, lol
__________________
Its here : Punto Evo, 1.4 Active 3dr Progressive Black
Last: Grande Punto 1.2 Active GT1
Clifford 330x1
joeraz is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #13
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoney View Post
According to Fiat every panel of the EVO is different to the Grande, it's 80% stiffer and has a completely different engine / lights / styling. I aint gonna get help asking a grande owner where to get a body kit like there's ...
different panels(slightly) doesnt mean the mountings will be different
custard is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #14
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by joeraz View Post
I get mines at the end of the month,, went today for a looky at the pre PDI'd ones they just got in,, Progressive Black for me,, basic active though,, the AC dealers only black was the Active,, idealy i wanted at least the 8v GP but only had a grey in that,,

So no thoughts of the Tom Tom for me, lol
Mines progressive black

Progressive Black is nice, especially when polished up!

When its clean the red is abit more apparent, but generally isnt noticeable by the average person & it doesnt turn baby**** brown in daylight like a couple of cars ive seen

Apart from the cleaning requirements its brilliant, and really suits the evo


Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
different panels(slightly) doesnt mean the mountings will be different
There's plenty more on the Evo that'll be different to the Grande even if it was only slightly different, i just dont see the GP forum holding 2 separate community's, especially as one bashes on the other, plus theres enough "what model?" replys on GP threads without adding another 8? models of Evo to the collection.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Blank2k2; 21-03-2010 at 21:39.
Blank2k2 is offline
Old 21-03-2010   #15
Ginger
 
MrBoney's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 411
Thanks: 14
Trader Rating: 0
MrBoney has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo Threads

Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
different panels(slightly) doesnt mean the mountings will be different
I'd like to see the official Grande Punto rear diffuser which envelopes the rear revers and fog light fit on an EVO. And the same for the front one which surrounds the front foglights, which are a completely different shape and are located in a different place.

This fits into my last comment on asking a Grande owner where thay got there body kit or so on ....

So I think the mouldings will be (slightly) different
__________________
Punto Evo, 1.4 MultiAir 105 Eleganza 5dr, ESP + Hill Holder, Ambient White, Leather Interior (front armrest and ambient lighting), Skydome Roof, Style Pack (cornering fogs, rear electric windows and side rubbing strips), Metallic Bumper Mouldings, Reverse Parking Sensors, Mudflaps.

Last edited by MrBoney; 21-03-2010 at 22:08.
MrBoney is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Any one seen the new punto evo yet!!! buzz44 Punto (Mk2/2b) 20 19-11-2009 21:07
(G) Latest rumour: the revised Grande Punto is the Punto Evo ducasi Grande Punto 0 26-06-2009 09:56