Interalloy suspension

Currently reading:
Interalloy suspension

Never heard of before so unable to ans but thought I'd stick something down as no one else has.

If you have aweb site to there products maybe I or someone else can view their tech data as thats gives an idea to how they may be, tho nothing can compare to direct experience of products.

Aaron.

I've got Koni's....

And they are the Bees Knees, THe Dogs Dangellies, Heavy, Fookin Hectic, 'insert more words for awesome here'

I got Koni's on recommendation from a friend... and he was not wrong. I did get the top of the range shocks though, the adjustable street/track ones and they are a hard but the cornering will make you cream yourself its great, Can look back as those VW Polos and Saxos almost roll over while you glide round the corner like an angel.

KONI :slayer:

never heard of them helz, but a search on google somes up with a few suppliers, they do suspension kits for most fiats and coilovers for stilo's

most of the time you get what you pay for though :(

I know but £450 is a lot of money, more than I had really planned to spend! BUT if it makes all the difference AND that Interalloy stuff was useless, it would be worth it. It's like with other things though, sometimes someone comes along and makes something good really cheap. The Koni kit I am looking at is the sports suspension kit, I would provide a link but Koni seem to deny making it on their website, even thogh it is available for sale in many online stores :confused:

Helz said:
I know but £450 is a lot of money, more than I had really planned to spend! BUT if it makes all the difference AND that Interalloy stuff was useless, it would be worth it. It's like with other things though, sometimes someone comes along and makes something good really cheap. The Koni kit I am looking at is the sports suspension kit, I would provide a link but Koni seem to deny making it on their website, even thogh it is available for sale in many online stores :confused:

Well I ended up haveing to buy Shocks twice as the first cheap set I got popped then had to fork out the £600+ ont he Koni's anyway, would have been cheaper just the get the Koni's the first time round.

If its not on the Koni Website there is a chance they have stopped the production of your application.

I can't get Black Diamond Clutches anymore and yet they are plastered all over the web.

I need new shocks anyway as the rear ones are slowly dying and am going a little lower, might as well kill two birds with one stone. There is method to my madness but thanks for thinking of my pocket :)

As for kits that are available, you guys forget I drive a Brava 80sx - the car no-one makes anything for, ever. I have a choice of 3 kits, one of which comes with only two springs and the other two which are as above :) Why Bilstein say their kit will fit every model but the 80sx I dunno, but that's what they say! If anyone can seriously come up with any more, do say :D

Thanks Christopher :) I looked at the Apex kit and after seeing a picture on one site have a query into them as to whether it comes with 2 springs (and use 2 Fiat ones) or 4 - thought the Apex site does seem to say 4. VSX suspension does not fit the 1.2 80sx, I have a very limited choice.

OK then, what do people think to Apex? A mid-priced option :D

Last edited:
i wouldn't have thought they'd send just two springs.

regarding coil overs, i've just looked on eper and the rear suspension setup looks the same as the cinqs. Meaning even if you were to buy height adjustable, it's not going let you adjust the rear. Only to adjust the dampers.

What year is your car Helz - i was looking on eper trying to figure out why it wouldn't fit your car. I be correct in thinking the 80 is a 1.2 16v ?

edit: i've never used apex stuff, i run a spax psx kit (fixed height, adjustable dampers). So can't help ya on that one!

I think alex runs apex on his turbo cinq, and rates them well.

Last edited:
Thanks Arc :) Yes I think you are right about the Apex kit, it must be my irrational thinking at 3am (plus the site did say some kits only sent two springs and used the original springs for the other end). You're also right about the car model, can't understand why one kit shouldn't fit al models but if they say not, am not going to break it trying to make it fit :eek:

Am not going for coilovers, the idea of spending that amount of money for no obvious reason horrifies me. Will have a chat to Alex about the Apex kit reckon :)

I had apex before i changed to jamex on my uno, and the apex stuff was a lot better.

Infact im waiting on some apex stuff for my punto atm.

Ive heard of interalloy coilovers and theyre very budget, therefore i would imagine their other products would be budget too.

Back