Technical OBD data

Currently reading:
Technical OBD data

I know most ECUs used in the Punto from 2000 and the MPi Seis' are OBD2 compliant.

I dont think the 'cento ECU is compliant to the OBD standard unfortunately..

Shame the Cinqs aren't compatible - this looks like the coolest thing I've seen for ages and I didn't even know such a thing was possible until today!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention - definitely have to try it out if my next car is compatible :D

samwhite59 said:
Shame the Cinqs aren't compatible - this looks like the coolest thing I've seen for ages and I didn't even know such a thing was possible until today!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention - definitely have to try it out if my next car is compatible :D

you should see the PDA app that displays the data, now that is even cooler!

Theres a connector, a 3-pin one just ahead of the ECU, but it doesnt give out signals compliant to the OBD standard I dont think...

This may be of interest...namely the interface cable...

http://christian.giupponi.free.fr/HELP/SCAN_ST.HTM

Why is this of interest? Well, the same cable works on a 3-pin (Magneti-)Marelli Weber ECU in a 16v Coupé...and it works on a 3-pin Marelli Weber 16M (Motorbike ECU -twin injector)...so i get the impression it would, well might work on a single injector system as is on the 'centos and the Punto etc....

I think the data it gives out will be different though...

Mckrich, do you know anything?

http://www.fccuk.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=42913&page=&fpart=7&vc=1 has some interesting stuff too...

Last edited:
Right...I know Im going digging...but Ive got hold of an official Fiat document that discusses interfacing the 16F ECU with stuff...eg: how to intialise it and call stuff from it.

Problem is, its in Italian, and I dont speak Italian...

Yeah tis not important....Problem is, its a fairly long document (around 50 pages of solid text). Theres only parts of it that Id need mind...

In the mean time what does bablefish make of it?
I know sometimes it can be a bit crude with its translation but it usually gets the gist of it.

Its a PDF document.
Have tried to copy to notepad \ word but to no avail...I think its to do with the font if uses.

Hmm....appears to be passworded.
Out comes the cracker...cos then I can get into it and feed chunks into a translator..

Last edited:
Woot. Document Translated in its entirity.

Ive only been working on it for two or so weeks...

Anyone want a copy? Drop me a PM.
Its highly technical so its probably not much use for anyone unless they want to engineer a solution to communicate with the ECU. Diagnostics and Test info is v. good though!

Back