General Uno front bumper

Currently reading:
General Uno front bumper

moshpit666

I hav just been offered the uno turbo front bumper to swap for my standard, i believe it will make the front look lower and also look better than the standard uno bumper, what does everone else think? is it worth it?

Is it for a mk1 or mk2 Uno?

If it's a mk1, I think the turbo bumper bottom edge is about 1 or 2 inches lower than the standard bumper, hence it makes the car appear to look lower. You also get fog lights, or at least two spaces to put them!

It does look nice, and in my opinion a lot less over the top compared with some of the aftermarket (Novadose style) bumpers. Depends what you like I suppose!

I'm not familiar with the mk2 Uno's, so if it's for one of these you'll need input from someone who knows about them!

The only thing different about the mk2 bumper are the bumper inserts. If its got these in then deffo get it!

It will definitely look better than your spelling moshpit;)

As a new user I've been going through most of the posts starting at the begining, and can't help but notice that our international Uno fans write better English than the English fans do......

Txt spk iz ok on da fon, but iz not gr8 4 dizcushun pages. No wot a meen? An get da spellin rite! We all went 2 skool an lernt Englsh, so spk it proper!

It will only be worth getting the Uno Turbo bumper if its got the red bumper inserts in (they look like a red line in the centre recess)

If its not got these in then dont get it as its going to look virtually exactly the same as the standard one!

If you don't want it i'm looking for a mk2 turbo bumper. i want one for the foglight holes and mounts

(i have the standard bumper but still have the red trim back and front)

Cholmes0305

1986Uno45S sometimes we dont have time to write proper english and so we can shorten our posts by posting as i did! this sites about the cars and not the way we speak!

That's true moshpit, but not everyone understands 'text speak', least of all a lot of the international Uno fans who also use this board.

'Txt Spk' came about when the early mobile phones had a limit on how many characters could be used in a message, and also because it was such a pain to enter the characters in by a telephone number pad. Using text speak meant more could be said in a message and it was also quicker to enter.

However, on a discussion forum we can write as much as we want and have a full size keyboard to write with. It just makes it easier to understand for everybody, and it doesn't take THAT much longer to write the words in full! ;)

Moving back to the topic in hand, did you get the turbo bumper? If you did, does it make your Uno look better? Would you recommend other mk 2 Uno fans to get one too?

i know what you mean about the txt speak but sumtimes i just dont av time to write longer words,maybe i am being selfish to my international counterparts. i hav not decided on whether to get the bumper yet i need to have a look at it and see if it is ol and that the price is right

Let us know how you get on with the turbo bumper, it will be good to hear if it improves the front end look of a mk2 Uno.

By the way, how much is the guy asking for the bumper? What is the going rate for a mk2 turbo bumper these days?

If anyone is interested, there's a mk1 turbo front bumper up for grabs on Ebay. Currently at £15 though the reserve hasn't been met yet.

Check this link if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7908842168&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And if your gonna get the turbo bumper, the turbo side skirts would be a recommended addition too. There were two lots of these going on ebay a few weeks back, cheap too. If id got the money i would be buying some, probably will do in a month or two...

just get the inserts off a mk2 uno turbo bumper and put them into ur bumper. will make it look better i think personally. get the rear bumper too if u can so the strips match front and rear :)

Dunc

uno%20sig%20pic.JPG
Standing 1/4 mile at Santa Pod - 14.63 @ 94.57mph

Back