Technical Handbrake

Currently reading:
Technical Handbrake

Have you ever parked your stilo up and when you come back to it, it wasnt where you left it? I have twice experienced this where the car has rolled on its own free will somewhere else. I have investigated the car and come to the conclusion that it was extreme heat in the rear disks and pads that cooled off thus freeing the handbrake as it wouldnt go on as far as usual. everything else is ok with the system

Or am i wrong?

nope never heard of that one, but i did lose my car in a field once.
went to the motorcycle show in edinburgh a few years back, early on the saturday morning, parked amongst about 100 cars. came back out to 10000. took me and my brother 45mins to find it. wont do that again.

metalboot.jpg

I did see someone else post 6-12 months ago with same problem. It was girl and the garage claimed she hadn't put the handbarake on! If I remember rightly the car rolled into a wall or something. Best bet is to leave it in gear - on the Selespeed's it gives you a warning and complains if you try and park it in neutral!

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

My brothers 03 Company Golf TDi did the same - our back yard is on a slope, and the brakes must have cooled and the car started rolling. There was a garage about 1/2 a car's length behind it, but luckly he had kept the steering wheel at the same angle as he came into the yard with, so it rolled back onto the flat enterance.

How lucky was he!

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

Back