Has anyone done one of these?

Currently reading:
Has anyone done one of these?

Liam

hi friends :waves:
[Insert name of exotic car] Driving Experience

You know the ones, pay £99 and upwards todrive round the track blah blah.

What I want to know is do you get to give it some real welly or do they limit you etc etc? I was going to save up and take one but would hate to be told "Now Liam, just 60mph round here"

Boring!

Maybe a track day would be better?

Cheers

Liam

**** happens!

I had a go at a Ferrari (only an automatic for only 21's) at Thruxton and the instructor spent the entire time telling me to go faster! "No don't brake for that, it's a Ferrari" was his favorite comment.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

i did it once on a ferrari day. felt dead depressed when i got back in my car. hehe.

Smurfhead - would trade as Gaz but bit confusing with another guy with the same car on here with the same name. lol

Seicento Sporting (2001)

My mate did one at Silverstone!!!

Single seat sports car, Formula whatever, BUT not allowed to overtake, which is a pain if bod in front is s**te! Also, the Ferraris were left hand drive, speedo all blacked out......

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, with options :D

If York wasnt a drag strip and I hadnt given away my steelies, I would have held yu to that comment...luckily for yu York is a Dragway and I have given away my steelies!:D

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
1242cc Engine to go in soon, boot delock soon, K+N still in garage!

Thats what I was waiting to hear!

Hmmm, sounding good, how fast were you going when he said faster?

I want to go 150+!

Bushboy, Cinqs can break away quite easy, I'm awaiting my 5th spin now!

Liam

**** happens!

Not sure of top speeds to be honest I was too busy looking at the track and avoiding all the little single seaters going at about half my speed! There was one fast corner in particular I think called Church where I accelerated to about 85 coming up to it that's where I kept braking he wanted me to take it flat out!

The thing is if you're half sensible then he'll let you go as fast as you can. remember that he has to go round with complete morons too and also he could drive round about half as fast again if he wanted to so he knows what the car can do. Meanwhile I only had 8 laps +in and out. Loved it of course.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

I did the Ferrari day at Goodwood. Was pissed off cause was really late and drove down at over 110 :), then wasn't allowed to go past 90 in the ferrari....

Not worth the money. Even if you did manage to get it faster, 2 laps... over in such a short time...

Go on the 4x4 course instead or do the skid pan, much more fun :D

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx
looks: momo twin 17" alloys, debadged, smoked headlights, black side repeaters, smoked rear clusters, midnight window tint
feels: apex 40mm lower springs, apex sports shock's, k&n 57i induction
sounds: pioneer deh-7400mp, pioneer tse-6995 (rear)

Alternate view from Ben, much obliged chap.

Will wait a while and maybe contact the organisers to question what I get for my hard earned.

Views and stories all still welcome1

Liam

**** happens!

Back