Styling Black Resin Badge Stickers

Currently reading:
Styling Black Resin Badge Stickers

Hi,

The red in my badges is looking nasty, and I'm very interested in using these sticky carbon badge decals instead of replacing the whole badge. Problem being I'm having difficulty locating them other than from Italy or Croatia.

Does anybody have a UK seller, relatively inexpensive? Or would be willing to sell me theirs ;)

See image below, if it works!

ZXXYLsM

aluminum oxide

You could probably do this yourself. I bought some new badges for mine and with the old ones I experimented with them and they were really customisable.

You can sand away the discoloured old red paint and if you finely sand it down and polish it, then apply a carbon effect decal, you’d get the same as the picture above.

Might be worth a try, wouldn’t be expensive either.

Interesting... I'm just wary of rubbing away the silver Fiat text. Might be worth a punt. The chrome is looking a bit worse for wear so if all goes arse up I'll get new ones.

Cheers :D

The fiat logo is set lower than the red background so impossible to rub off
clean up the chrome base and stick the carbon on an angle to the base
on mine there were two lugs to cut around that locate in the fiat logo
LUIGI

Nice, sounds simple enough!

Next question though, my understanding is that to release the boot badge, I need to remove the boot plastics? Also for the front badge, need to remove the front bumper?

EDIT: Or... looking at a Youtube video. I just blast it with hot air, and pry off the Fiat bit. Leaving the Chrome still attached to the car.

Does this also work with the Steering wheel badge?

Last edited:
Obviously it's better to remove the badge from the car, but there is no need to
I don't know about the steering wheel badge, I do need to do mine is the red background has turned to almost pink
I have thought about just buying a wheel hub badge and using that instead
LUIGI

EDIT: Or... looking at a Youtube video. I just blast it with hot air, and pry off the Fiat bit. Leaving the Chrome still attached to the car.

Does this also work with the Steering wheel badge?

Absolutely do not blast your airbag with hot air, there is a very high chance of taking you're own head off when you set the airbag off

Back