Paint discolouration

Currently reading:
Paint discolouration

AbarthGK500

Hi all

On my Campovolo Grey A500, I've noticed the left door is a bit discoloured, it seems to be a different shade compared to the rest of the body.

My first fear was that the car might have been involved in an accident under a previous owner, but the HPI is clear.

Will post a picture shortly, but in the meantime has anyone come across something like this? Could it just need a good polish?

Hi all

On my Campovolo Grey A500, I've noticed the left door is a bit discoloured, it seems to be a different shade compared to the rest of the body.

My first fear was that the car might have been involved in an accident under a previous owner, but the HPI is clear.

Will post a picture shortly, but in the meantime has anyone come across something like this? Could it just need a good polish?

Hi,

likelyhood of a paint repair, was "colour-matched" - but has now faded.,
a bit of restoration may well bring it back..,

waxing will alter "look" of panels too;)

Charlie

thanks for the response Charlie! Can you recommend any paint restorer solutions? Or should any one suffice? I'll test it on a small area first anyway

thanks for the response Charlie! Can you recommend any paint restorer solutions? Or should any one suffice? I'll test it on a small area first anyway

It'll have a clear coat on it anyway - so traditional cutting methods would have no effect. I had a brand new Bosa Nova white 500 fresh from the factory and the drivers door was a slightly different shade. At the time I started looking at other white 500's and noticed it on several. I think I read somewhere that the doors are painted off the car which could account for it - or of course in your case it may have been repaired sometime.

Heres what it looks like:

IMAG2145.jpg

Back