Technical No oil on dip stick?

Currently reading:
Technical No oil on dip stick?

Hi everyone, I need some help.... I have recently done a oil and filter change last weekend however I don't get a reading on the stick? I've triple checked everything no leaks, right oil, and not problems with the Car at all just alarm bells are ringing with nothing showing?? I have had all 16 valves changed and some head work done around 6 months ago..... Any ideas please :confused::eek::confused::eek:

If the above test shows no oil on stick, we need to determine where it is.
1. Is the stick pushed fully in.
2. Check that the dipstick tube is properly seated and has not lifted.
3. Drain the oil into a clean container (so that it can be reused) and see if the right amount comes out. (Proof it was in there)
4. Is all the oil in the head instead of the sump? Have the drain channels become blocked during the head work, or blocked by wrong or incorrectly fitted head gasket.

It can't disappear. There will be a logical solution.

If the above test shows no oil on stick, we need to determine where it is.
1. Is the stick pushed fully in.
2. Check that the dipstick tube is properly seated and has not lifted.
3. Drain the oil into a clean container (so that it can be reused) and see if the right amount comes out. (Proof it was in there)
4. Is all the oil in the head instead of the sump? Have the drain channels become blocked during the head work, or blocked by wrong or incorrectly fitted head gasket.

It can't disappear. There will be a logical solution.

Have done all off the above and believe one or more off the channels have become block after extensive head work recently, it with a expert as we speak so fingers crossed it will be simple :) big thank you to everyone for all your help :D

How long ago was the head work? Who did it?
How long has the engine been run in this condition? Since the head work, if the engine has been run, all oil pumped to the head will have remained there, reducing the available oil for the crank. If it has been run for some time, there could be significant crank damage.

However, it is good practice to change oil after any such work, is this what has happened? If so, and engine has not run, then no worries.

If the head work was done by a professional, is he responsible for the remedial work and consequential costs.

Hopefully all is well now.

Back