Technical Coolant level

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant level

HornetUK

Established member
I thought I couldn't see the coolant level on my old Punto because the bottle with min/max on was so dirty and you cannot reach it to clean. But my new Punto is exactly the same even though its brand new & bottle is clean I can't see where the coolant comes upto. Any tips for how you can see it?

Also now I'm back with A/C is the handbook guide of 10 mins once a month OK to follow in the winter or should it be a lot more regular?

Cheers

Just bounce the car and I can see mine - if not whack a bit of paper down there see what length you can fit in before it hits the water - then compare it with the outside of the bottle :)

Best method I have always found is when it's cool, take the lid off, use a small torch to shine down, you can now see the level perfectly.

I reckon The Negotiators method sounds best, I'm not risking dropping a length of paper in the bottle, I just know thats what I'd do!

That don't work on my punto because it's a long tube down to the tank - you can't tell whether it's at the full mark or not from inside. Might be different on different cars though.

At the end of the day it can't be that hard.

Back