Panda 100hp: How to remove side mirror from the door?

Currently reading:
Panda 100hp: How to remove side mirror from the door?

Hi guys!

I am new here, so hello first!

I was wondering if more experienced people with FIATs could help me troubleshoot how to open this clever assembly holding side mirrors attached to doors.

I removed the plastic covering the wiring as you can see from the picture but instead of having few screws underneath that plastic, I can see a strange round thing. I have no idea how to open it so I could get the mirror away. Brutal force, special tools or techniques needed?

panda_in.jpg

The problem :(

Some ice and snow fell on my car from the roof that the car was parked close to. I noticed it too late and some of that ice already made it to break the plastic holding side mirrors attached to car body (pic below).

panda_out1.jpg

Some good tips would be helpful, thanks a milll :worship:

Anybody?

I have read about similar problems with other FIAT models. However, I still don't know what tools should I use to dissassemble that black and round plastic lock.
:)

Yes, I am going to glue it together for now and replace with new one later. Just need to drive :cool:

Had the same problem (except my mirror was kicked off :mad:). All you need to do is unscrew the large plastic ring to get the mirror off. You might need pliers and a bit of bravery to get it started but it unscrews easy once it's moving. Be careful not to damage it though as my new mirror never came with this plastic ring and I had to re-use the one I took off. Good luck!

Easy 1!!! the square holes you see,put a flat bladed screwdriver in at an angle and gently tap with a hammer its just a nut realy!!!
i always used this method at a main dealer ;o)

hope this helps

Richie

Back