blooming ebayer :(

Currently reading:
blooming ebayer :(

a fraud buyer clicked the buy it now on my cinq ty_autos2.

Dear seller, This item is not currently in our auto garage and it is urgently needed by our client. we will like to know if you can accept a banker's draft as a means of payment for this item. get back to us as soon as possbile so that the draft can be send to you to complete the transaction. Hope to hear from you soon Todays Autos.

send him a model Cinq, you know one of those paper cut out ones!

LOL "This item is not currently in our auto garage and it is urgently needed by our client" Yeah - I have noticed that people buying cinqs often contract it out to a "auto garage".

Dave, just say "I will only accept cash or paypal to the value of the auction. The money must have cleared before the collection. I will not accept a higher amount of money, just the final price of the auction.

Just incase you don't know what they will do is send you a cheque (normally) to a higher value and ask for some of the money back, you send it back then the cheque doesn't clear properly.

Well, surely if the DODGY draft does clear, then no problem.

The fact is it won't clear - how will this affect your feedback though, Dave?! Are they now allowed to give you some negative, potentially?

They could Stu, but they are very unlikely to as Dave is small fish to them, they just want to rip people off, they will move from that username by next week - feedback isn't important.

they are already no longer registered. ebay are on to it, i just want them to stick my car back up i had 10 people watching it.

i even had this written in my listing "no over sea buyers sorry and no cheque for more than car is worth and rest in change to foreign back account."

Stuart DemonD said:
Well, surely if the DODGY draft does clear, then no problem.

The fact is it won't clear - how will this affect your feedback though, Dave?! Are they now allowed to give you some negative, potentially?
There have been more and more of these types of buyer recently, and the worrying thing is in many cases the cheque/draft DOES clear, and you get the money. Happy in that knowledge, you then transfer an amount to the shipping agent, but then a couple of days later, the Bank tells you the cheque/draft was fraudulent, and demand the money back, EVEN THOUGH they said it had cleared.

The Bank's official line is (believe it or not) 'A cheque or draft is never a guaranteed form of payment'.

It's a minefield out there........

Tosh

Back