Sig sizes

Currently reading:
Sig sizes

chrisunoman

Prominent member
I think we should have a maximum sig size, say a maximum height and width, like they do on some forums.

I dont mean to be a kill joy or anything, but peoples sigs are getting sooooo massive that its getting hard to read some threads and soon we are going to be getting one reply per page!

What do you reckon Ben?

Ive just looked in the control panel and didnt realise you could specify how many replies were shown on the page or turn sigs off altogether.

But i like the idea of sigs, i wouldnt want to turn them off, they are an excellent way of customising your post and showing what type of person you are, i just think they are becoming too big and threads are getting hard and dedious to read because of them.

And im going to stick my neck on the line here and say that the new craze of putting quotes in sigs is possibly the worst culprit in sigs getting bigger, and its hard to tell when the quote refers to the thread or is part of the sig!

100 pixel image height sounds good to me Ben (y)

Just turn the pics off in your browser if it gets too much - only 1 click. OK my pic is big but it's a small file size and once the xmas thing is gone it will be much smaller and also is arguably easier on the eye than lines of small text and quotes. However I do have a smaller one if it upsets you all :(

Well what about a NON-compulsary "do what you think is right" rule - It would be better than forcing everybody and most of us would abide by such a rule I am sure. I remember when Dave signed up for somewhere and the first reply was:

Sort out your signature.

pghstochaj said:
Well what about a NON-compulsary "do what you think is right" rule - It would be better than forcing everybody and most of us would abide by such a rule I am sure. I remember when Dave signed up for somewhere and the first reply was:

Sort out your signature.
What if someone thought a massive sig was alright though?

Its the sig width that started it for me in the first place as unless you use full screen mode, if the pic is too wide it stuffs up the forum page....

Maybe a vote is in order..?

Ah yes I notice that at Uni although never a problem on my laptop.

See i am not an offender :p (anymore)

I doubt people would go over board if you "suggested" what was approriate? I just think (after Dave went on that bored) we shouldn't go overboard.

Obviously this is only my opinion :)

Back