Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2007   #1
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Finally Parcel Farce delivered around 1pm today.

Set up and plug in was easy. First thoughts were, this is heavy, shiny ooh look at that.

Plugged in the chunky HDMi lead I got for it and connected the fibre optic cable and spent half an hour fiddling with the menus setting up sound etc.

Downloaded the latest firmware. Whilst eating my pizza booted up BlackHawkDown, holy moly. The picture is awesome and the sound is fantastic.

Then booted up F1, Motorstorm, Resistence FoM and CoD3.

F1 CE is great Truly loving this one. As a huge F1 fan its not hard to love it. Just did a 13 lap race at Imola and at some points it looked real, very real. The rain at Sepang was awesome.

Motorstorm has good mud and dirt effects, but is just an average racer, can see this being traded early.

R:FoM is not bad, Guess it will get batter as I only played it for 5 minutes.

CoD 3 is no different to the 360 version, I will say the 360 one looks slighty better, but the sound is better on the PS3.


Then I downloaded Grand Tourismo HD,, I can't wait for this, I need it now.
Gonna have a few online matches later.



Overall, I would say as an avid XBox fan, the PS3 is better so far.
Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-03-2007   #2
Koa
Free dentistry available
 
Koa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 3,214
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 4
Koa has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

lol Gazza, you say the PS3 is better but the only game you compared with a 360 game got your vote for the most important factor in this next gen war, Graphics

My free PS3 will be here tomorrow or Monday

I'll give you my honest opinion as the 3 next gen machines will be hooked up to the same display all at once
__________________
Koa is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #3
BRUM!!
 
maddogmorg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,771
Thanks: 48
Trader Rating: 0
maddogmorg has donated!
Bolivia 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

I wish i had a HD TV. Formula one is amazing graphics as it is at the moment too! same goes with Call of Duty. though i haven't yet played properly on Sonic or Blazing angels (i like planes ). Nice to have the Ferrari in Gran Turismo too
__________________
________
(________)
/...................\
( )..{║║║║}..( )
|\========/|
maddogmorg is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #4
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
lol Gazza, you say the PS3 is better but the only game you compared with a 360 game got your vote for the most important factor in this next gen war, Graphics

My free PS3 will be here tomorrow or Monday

I'll give you my honest opinion as the 3 next gen machines will be hooked up to the same display all at once
I don't know why cod3 looks better on the 360,but then i've only done half the st lo mission, so its probably a bit early on that one, however the games that are ps3 only, such as motorstorm and f1 look absolutely stunning.

i feel that ps3 is better not just graphics wise, but sound and feel of the whole thing. it all feels polished, if that makes any sense.
Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #5
Koa
Free dentistry available
 
Koa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 3,214
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 4
Koa has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Yeah I can understand what you're saying, but then it should feel better as it's a heck of a lot dearer than the 360.

As for the graphics on COD3, that was down to the hardware being so much more complicated on the PS3, it's difficult when you have something like COD3 which was made on lots of formats and also the newest machine, the PS3 is a bugger to work with whereas the 360 is very PC like.
I'm looking forward to getting my PS3, I am not a sony fan but I love VF5 and F1 games
__________________
Koa is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #6
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Yeah I can understand what you're saying, but then it should feel better as it's a heck of a lot dearer than the 360.

As for the graphics on COD3, that was down to the hardware being so much more complicated on the PS3, it's difficult when you have something like COD3 which was made on lots of formats and also the newest machine, the PS3 is a bugger to work with whereas the 360 is very PC like.
I'm looking forward to getting my PS3, I am not a sony fan but I love VF5 and F1 games
This reply is being typed on the ps3
Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #7
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

This reply is via the PC.

Heres a couple of pics of PS3's web browser.




Works ok. Don't really like the Fiat Forum and requires abit of reloading of pages.

Will download and install LinuxYellow dog at some point.

And get a keyboard with a mouse pad on it as well. Much needed I think.
Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2007   #8
hi friends :waves:
 
Liam's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,760
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Liam has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Is the keyboard through USB and BT?

BTC make a keyboard that will suit your needs.

Liam
__________________
Yes it's really me!

97 Cinq Sporting-RIP 09/10/06 BYE OLD FRIEND
Liam is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #9
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ooop North
Posts: 4,782
Thanks: 57
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

I was playing on a PS3 in hmv manchester on saturday, and to be quite honest I wasn't impressed by it.

It was on a HD telly, (sony) and it was an F1 racing game. Basically what didnt impress me was the graphics. after all the hype, and the price of the bloody things it wasnt what i was expecting.

I wouldnt pay the £425 odd price for the console- its too much. If i had bought one blind, like the i bought the Wii (ie never played one) I'd be dissapointed. Now I know the Wii is a different league but that actually impressed me, and my mate who like his consoles and thought it was **** till he played it.

PS3 will have to drop a lot in price before I get one!
__________________
2008 Fiat Bravo T-Jet 150 Sport
2014 Fiat 500 S


Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino
Big Black Stilo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #10
BRUM!!
 
maddogmorg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,771
Thanks: 48
Trader Rating: 0
maddogmorg has donated!
Bolivia 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Stilo View Post
I was playing on a PS3 in hmv manchester on saturday, and to be quite honest I wasn't impressed by it.

It was on a HD telly, (sony) and it was an F1 racing game. Basically what didnt impress me was the graphics. after all the hype, and the price of the bloody things it wasnt what i was expecting.
tbh you never get a good idea from playing games instore. i played the xbox 360 somewhere and thought it was complete ****e but playing it at my friends house made me think slightly different. still prefer my ps3 even if it was a lil over priced but with discount it wasn't so bad.

BTW i heard that you have to actually pay to use the online multiplayer games in xbox live or w/e it is?
__________________
________
(________)
/...................\
( )..{║║║║}..( )
|\========/|
maddogmorg is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #11
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Besbie View Post
tbh you never get a good idea from playing games instore. i played the xbox 360 somewhere and thought it was complete ****e but playing it at my friends house made me think slightly different. still prefer my ps3 even if it was a lil over priced but with discount it wasn't so bad.

BTW i heard that you have to actually pay to use the online multiplayer games in xbox live or w/e it is?
Since the introduction of XBox live on the original xbox, which I have/had subscribed to since day one. It has cost me 200, allthough it has been alot of fun.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #12
Koa
Free dentistry available
 
Koa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 3,214
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 4
Koa has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

I got my PS3 on Monday and it's still in it's box. After seeing some video footage of F1 championship I am thinking I'll leave it where it is and sell it as brand new. I wasn't impressed at all and at this point I would rather the money than risk opening it and having to sell it as second hand just because I am curious.
__________________
Koa is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #13
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
I got my PS3 on Monday and it's still in it's box. After seeing some video footage of F1 championship I am thinking I'll leave it where it is and sell it as brand new. I wasn't impressed at all and at this point I would rather the money than risk opening it and having to sell it as second hand just because I am curious.
You got yours free tho. not like your losing money is it?
Get it cracked open and give us a review!
__________________
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-03-2007   #14
Koa
Free dentistry available
 
Koa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 3,214
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 4
Koa has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
You got yours free tho. not like your losing money is it?
Get it cracked open and give us a review!
lol true, but I'll be throwing free money away if I do open it

I'll think about it. If I do open it at least I can give a good neutral opinion on the system
__________________
Koa is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-03-2007   #15
I got rusty Russian guns.
 
Gazza AK47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Gazza AK47 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
I got my PS3 on Monday and it's still in it's box. After seeing some video footage of F1 championship I am thinking I'll leave it where it is and sell it as brand new. I wasn't impressed at all and at this point I would rather the money than risk opening it and having to sell it as second hand just because I am curious.
How can you judge F1 on video footage?

I read all the reviews on the game and seen the videos as well, and I thought I had made a bum decision on getting F1. But I thought, what the hell lets give it a go, and I'll tell you this, its awesome. It is really good and not just because I'm an F1 fan either. Give it ago.

Or are you worried that you'll lose your Xbox fanboy status and upset Custard
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Gazza AK47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump