Technical Disabling alarm when key fob stops working - Abarth

Currently reading:
Technical Disabling alarm when key fob stops working - Abarth

ugm5asm

Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide a solution for the following:

Just got back from holiday and my Abarth 500 key fob has stopped working so I can't unlock the car. I've changed the battery in the fob but it's still not working. From past experience I know if I use the manual key to open the car this will set off the alarm. If the key fob still doesn't work when this happens how else can I turn the alarm off?

This scenario has happened to me once before about a year ago, but at that time the key fob miraculously started working again, but if that doesn't happen this time I want to have a back-up plan for turning the alarm off.

Thanks
A

Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide a solution for the following:

Just got back from holiday and my Abarth 500 key fob has stopped working so I can't unlock the car. I've changed the battery in the fob but it's still not working. From past experience I know if I use the manual key to open the car this will set off the alarm. If the key fob still doesn't work when this happens how else can I turn the alarm off?

This scenario has happened to me once before about a year ago, but at that time the key fob miraculously started working again, but if that doesn't happen this time I want to have a back-up plan for turning the alarm off.

Thanks
A

Normally the remote will start working again after you start the car with it based on experience. Maybe you will need to just start it while the alarm is going off.

Back