Technical New car starting troubles

Currently reading:
Technical New car starting troubles

HauntingCHRIST

Hello. Here's the rundown: 10 days ago purchased a new 2015 abarth auto off the dealer lot, only 30 miles on it. 2 days later wouldn't start. Display came on, but no crank even. Was saying multiple system failures. Upon return the said I had a connector loose. They tightened it and it started fine. Went to pick it up next day, same problem. Got ahold of fiat and they had them go through the car and reconnect and tighten every electrical connector thinking it was a bad grounding. Started today but computer gave a "bad connection" code, so now fiat is sending out an a new computer. Any suggestions? It feels like the mechanics are just shooting in the dark and don't know what the actual problem is. Btw, Cody at fiat service is the one ray of sunshine in this otherwise dreary last 8 days.

How long had it been sitting on their forecourt from registration until you bought it? If the battery had been allowed to go flat, it will be dead. Your symptoms are typical of a dying battery.
I bet when it is running, the stop/start does not operate.

We have had the the battery jumped to no avail and it tests just fine for holding a charge

I did not know it had a stop start. I'm going to request they swap out the battery just to see. At this point it can't hurt.

We are talking to lawyers today in case we do have to use the lemon law unfortunately.

We have had the the battery jumped to no avail and it tests just fine for holding a charge
Our battery was knackered even though it held charge and even though the professionals said it was a good battery.

Bought a new one, and all faults have gone.

The battery in our 2001 Clio was knackered, so I put the "knackered" Fiat 500 battery into it and it's perfect! :D

No good for a Fiat 500, but superb for a Renault Clio.

Good luck,
Mick.

Update: called them to do the battery, and found out the codes they got were internal connection errors in the pcm, so maybe the computer swap out will work

Back