Register Login
Shop4Parts - UK's largest online superstore for FIAT and Alfa Romeo parts

Old 20-07-2014   #1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
pollen filter change?

Hi there,
My other half has a 500 & the mechanic couldn't change the pollen filter as its "too awkward"
Could anyone advise how its done?
Where it goes?
etc?
I'm sure i can do it, please help?

many thanks
marc

markymarc is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-07-2014   #2
Trader Rating: 0
frupi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: pollen filter change?

What 500 have you got? If it is the 1.2 POP, I have changed the pollen filter twice on our old 500 now sold. Edit, now seen your avatar, you have the Abarth so I'm not even sure it is located in the same place, but, if it is, then below still applies.

It is a pain in the butt, but only because it is located in an awkward place. Down in the driver's footwell, left side just to the left of the clutch pedal. I found it easier to remove the plastic trim running along the side of the centre console before trying to access where the filter is.

You don't need much in the way of tools, but you do need small hands lol! I have hands the size of a former England goalkeeper, which is absolutely useless when trying to get access and being a contortionist all at the same time!

The reason the mechanic wouldn't change it, is because it is 40 minutes of his life that he will never get back! Well, it took me 40 minutes the first time I changed one, second time took me just about 25 minutes.

It is awkward trying to fit the new pollen filter into the cartridge slot too. You will end up bending it. There is also a correct way to insert it, make sure it is the right way up and the arrow is pointing in the right direction.

It is well worth replacing. I changed my out yearly and discovered they were absolutely filthy.
Likes grimwau liked this post

Last edited by frupi; 20-07-2014 at 20:00.
frupi is offline Reply With Quote Quote