General Finally got my Abarth 500!

Currently reading:
General Finally got my Abarth 500!

griff74

3rd time lucky for the pickup date on my Abarth 500, got her last night, love her but TBH there are a couple of major issues, which where present durring my test drive and where meant to have been fixed but haven't!
The first is the stiff gear selctor that doesn't have any spring when in netural, so when you move it to between 1st and 2nd it stays there and is very stiff to move and hard to get into gear, was fine when I picked it up but by the time I got to my brothers it was doing again, fine again this morning when I came to work so seems to now only be when the car is properly warmed up, odd!
2nd is the whole car shudders between 40'ish and 60'ish mph, again they where meant to have fixed it, balanced the wheels (though the shudder doesn't come thru the steering wheel), they checked the wheeel bearings etc, to me it feels like a driveline\transmission issue, an out of balance drive shaft or maybe dual-mass flywheel, is booked back in for Monday to be looked at again, the head service tech is going out with me. If they don't manage to fix it, I have already spoken to Baur Millet in Manchester (where I live) who have checked and the car is on their system for the warrenty so they can work on it and say they WILL fix it, so makes me feel better!

Sorry for the long rant, I love her to bits, looks great, sounds great, goes great (and surprised how good on the motorway she is!), looking forward to the hopefully good weather on Saturday so we can have a good cleaning\polishing\waxing\bonding with each other session!! :)

I will do after our cleaning\bonding session on Saturday, TBH after driving from Stoke, to North Wales and then to Manchester last night she's filthy already, though the "valet" they gave her wasn't even as good as the £10 one my local hand carwash does! :(

2nd is the whole car shudders between 40'ish and 60'ish mph, again they where meant to have fixed it, balanced the wheels (though the shudder doesn't come thru the steering wheel),

Make sure they've balanced the rear wheels - this can cause a shudder you won't feel through the steering & it only takes one of the balance weights to have come detached in transit.

Make sure they've balanced the rear wheels - this can cause a shudder you won't feel through the steering & it only takes one of the balance weights to have come detached in transit.
I will, apperently they only balanced the front ones, fingers crossed!!!

I might go against my religion and take it Kwikfit or somewhere after work tomorrow and get the balancing checked, don't think I can cope with it like this till next week!

Oh and here's a quick pic from my phone. :)

Attachments

• WP_20140304_001.jpg
    WP_20140304_001.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 130
Yeh that sounds ok. I think the stripes look good irrespective of what colour. Whatever suits your taste(y)
I think I want the black Abarth stripes, black door mirrors and the back half of the roof wrapping in black vinyl to match the Skydome.

Back