General abarth pressure gauge

Currently reading:
General abarth pressure gauge

diggers253

Can anyone help?

We have a new Abarth 500 and I'm having a few teething issues with it.

We were unable to buy it WITHOUT the pressure guage pod - they would not let us opt out. I find it distracting when it flashes and have no interest in the pressure of whatever it is it measures (not 100% sure and even less sure if low is good or not).

Next, we did opt for the blue and me nav - which is utterly appalling. Only 3 roads in our village are listed and I don't live on one of them.

I do have a road angel 9000 (cracking bit of kit - if a bit old now).

What I want to do is move the pressure guage thing (in the manual it shows it tucked neatly out of the way behind the indicator (page 18), and attach a sat nav in its place.

I have seen that some people have a little connector here and I wonder if this is a universal thing (blue and me map or pressure guage) or if I can add some after market kit, or even if I can use a fiat sat nav bracket and modify it to fit my road angel 9000.

With the rubbish nav, the buggy blue &me, the media player that keeps crashing and the parking sensors that beep all the time I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought this car and its only done 200 miles.

Can anyone help?

This pic shows the pressure pod thing in case you didn't come across it:

http://www.abarthisti.co.uk/pop.html?500-abarth/500-abarth-10

Last edited:
crashing media player is not a common issue, if updating software doesn't work you should convince dealer to change blue&me unit.

parking sensors do beep for no reason, my best guess is they leak some water in and make misreading, because that usually happens in rainy and cold weathers. also it beeps for no reason inside my garage, but not in my friend's garage. so it's bit of a pain in the arse.

you can also have the map updated at dealer as far as i know. but your car could have the latest version since it has 200 miles on the clock.

there's nothing that can't be fixed by a visit to dealer. many of us have similar problems, but it takes a lot more to hate a car that special. italian cars need a bit of love to work proper i guess :)

You should have asked before buying the Abarth SAT-NAV, everybody says it's terrible and not worth bothering with! As for the Boost gauge, it was only available under the speedo on LHD cars and from what i hear is pretty much impossible to relocate it anywhere else. It only flashes at around 6000 RPM so unless you red line it in every gear, it shouldn't flash enough to annoy you. In non-sport mode, it will flash often, but nobody drives with Sport mode off, NOBODY

Had a long chat with someone with a great deal of expertise and LHD car to compare against the RHD one the other weekend about the same thing. In the end we decided it just wouldn't be feisable to do something similar to what you are suggesting. Well not without throwing a disproportionate amount of cash at it anyway. Other than very high end cars I haven't seen a single built in sat nav I would take over a basic TomTom they are generally poor.

B&M stuff - get it to a dealers when you have the time to make the I dare say long trip to them :) Same with the sensors as I take it they fitted the aftermarkets for you, if not go back to who did do it. That's the one bit you can't actually blame the car for ;)

Can anyone help?

We have a new Abarth 500 and I'm having a few teething issues with it.

We were unable to buy it WITHOUT the pressure guage pod - they would not let us opt out. I find it distracting when it flashes and have no interest in the pressure of whatever it is it measures (not 100% sure and even less sure if low is good or not).

Next, we did opt for the blue and me nav - which is utterly appalling. Only 3 roads in our village are listed and I don't live on one of them.

I do have a road angel 9000 (cracking bit of kit - if a bit old now).

What I want to do is move the pressure guage thing (in the manual it shows it tucked neatly out of the way behind the indicator (page 18), and attach a sat nav in its place.

I have seen that some people have a little connector here and I wonder if this is a universal thing (blue and me map or pressure guage) or if I can add some after market kit, or even if I can use a fiat sat nav bracket and modify it to fit my road angel 9000.

With the rubbish nav, the buggy blue &me, the media player that keeps crashing and the parking sensors that beep all the time I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought this car and its only done 200 miles.

Can anyone help?

This pic shows the pressure pod thing in case you didn't come across it:

http://www.abarthisti.co.uk/pop.html?500-abarth/500-abarth-10

You can't move the boost gauge as others have said. Blue&Me Nav is crap, I'm waiting to see if B&M TomTom works with the 500 though :)

Why did you buy the Abarth if you're not at all interested in the boost boost? :confused: It's the sort of car that's going to have flashy bits in etc etc.

Why can'y you move the boost gauge? I'm pretty certin it's an electrical gauge, which may mean adjusting loom length etc, and then you'd have to find somewhere to mount it and perhaps come up with a bespoke bracket, but to say "you can't move it" is a little short sighted.
IMHO the dash port is a sort of USB connection and whilst you can move it, you then won't be able to use the port for anything other than physically having the sat sav physically in it....

Can anyone help?

We were unable to buy it WITHOUT the pressure guage pod - they would not let us opt out. I find it distracting when it flashes and have no interest in the pressure of whatever it is it measures
I'm not trying to be funny... but stick a cover over it then, maybe black vinyl cut to size, it wont bother you then, peel it off when you come to sell the car

I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought this car and its only done 200 miles.
Dear oh dear, sounds to me like the car bought the wrong owner

Last edited:
Dear oh dear, sounds to me like the car bought the wrong owner

Yeah.

I had 4 testdrives in the 500 before I put my deposit down and I'd posted on these forums for a year as well so I knew what I was getting myself in for.

Remember, be nice or we'll all get in trouble.

I'm merely pointing out that the OP is probably (quite rightly perhaps) upset atm and needs to make sure he gives himself chance to get used to the car and not make rash decisions. If that is considered to be not being nice than i think this forum will lose out on a lot of valuable input from various people.

needs to make sure he gives himself chance to get used to the car.

So true. So many people freak out when they see the rev counter inside the speedo and say it's crap but once you get used to it it's fine. I used to feel weird going through corners in the 500 because I was so high up. Now in the Subaru I feel like I'm sitting on the floor rather than on the seat because the seating position is so low in comparison.

Now in the Subaru I feel like I'm sitting on the floor rather than on the seat because the seating position is so low in comparison.
I have the same feeling going back into the VXR, but the main weirdness is the gear lever feels like its on the floor - lol - scrabbling around by my leg to change gear

I actually prefer the gear lever position on the 500 now :D

I have the same feeling going back into the VXR, but the main weirdness is the gear lever feels like its on the floor - lol - scrabbling around by my leg to change gear

I actually prefer the gear lever position on the 500 now :D
Ditto, the 500's gearchange is in such an awesome position. EVERY car should be like that, EVERY flipping car!

Back